Improving account merging for Single Sign-On users
Accordingly, we’ve introduced an update that streamlines this workflow — by simply requiring approval from a Primary Domain Admin!
Now if you need to merge in a personal account for submitting to [email protected] or to add another email to the Expensify account you're using for Company expenses, you can!
Follow the same steps as usual:
- Head to Settings > Your Account > Account Details > Merge Accounts
- Enter the email of the account you wish to merge into your account
- Enter your password for the second account if prompted and confirm you understand that when the merge completes, it can't be reversed!
- Now, if the account being merged is Domain Controlled, an email will be sent to the Primary Domain Admin.
- The email is a security check to ensure that the employee is correctly merging their account. Once the Primary Domain Admin. confirms then the merge process will be completed for the user and they can sign into their new account.
- After this merge process is completed, all of the reports, imported cards, secondary logins, and most settings will be brought into the new account.