Setting up approvals

Options
dplacko
dplacko Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Hello,

When setting up people for approvals, when I first set up employees using the invite button, I can define the email, submits to and approves to. But after creating the employee, I am unable to change the submits to and approves to. When I click on the submits to field a drop-down appears an I can change the submits to. But when I click the gear the the Then Approves to field is greyed out.

Can you please provide assistance.

Thanks,
Dave

Best Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @dplacko Welcome to the Expensify Community!

The 'Then Approves To' will only become active when you add a limit to the field before.

It's worth noting that one row applies to one user.

• Submits to = Who the user submits their own reports to
    • Approves to = If a user has a report submitted to them for approval, this is who the report goes to after they have approved it.
    • Limit + Then approves to = If the report submitted to them is over this limit, this is who the report goes to after they have approved it.

You can edit the Submits To by hitting the blue pencil next to the entry and the Approves to under the blue cog. :)

• dplacko
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    Options

No. Maybe I was not clear. We are using two levels of approvals.

I can edit the "Submits To" by clicking on the pencil.

I can not edit the "Approves To".

If you click on the "Invite" button it gives both options. Once created, you can not edit the "Approves To".

Dave

• dplacko
    Answer ✓
    Options

I figured it out.

I was not setting the correct final approver. If you do this, with the gear, you can set the first level approver with the pencil.

Thanks,
    Dave

Answers