Expensify+Xero Configuration for Client Billable
I'm having difficulties understanding how I can configure the Xero+Expensify integration for the following scenario:
- Consulting company with several travelers, all using Expensify to produce reports
- We have not setup the Xero integration yet, as all our testing has failed to meet the needs (so we're cash coding manually)
- We currently have multiple Expensify Policies - nearly one for each client, as they all have different expense rules for us since we re-bill them
- On the Xero side, all travel expenses get booked as a 'Direct Cost' type Expense at the CUSTOMER+PROJECT level, here is an example showing 3 projects for client "LB" and 1 project for client "HGS"
- On the Expensify side, all travel reports should be categorized how the client has asked us to Categorize them (e.g. Airfare, Hotel, Rental Car, etc.)
- I'd like all Expensify Expense Categories for a Client (Policy level?) get mapped to a single Xero Expense Category for that customer (Expensify user would have to tag with customer+project or similar)
What is the right way to configure this in Expensify? I can't seem to figure it out, yet it seems to me that this would be a common practice for a Consulting company that travels, uses both Expensify & Xero.
Thanks in advance for any insights.