How do I remove my Individual Policy?

Mazik
Mazik Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer
edited January 2019 in Day to Day

Hi, I have 2 Policies and only Use the General Team Policy and not the Personal one. I need to remove the Personal policy and keep the General version as a default option for creating future reports. Can you please help me with this?

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi @Mazik - The personal policy is a part of every account and cannot be removed, sorry about that.

As long as you have the "General Team Policy" set as your account's default policy, you shouldn't have any issues with the personal policy affecting your expenses. To be sure your company policy is set as the default, click on your user icon at the top left of your account and then select the company policy from the "Use this expense policy" section. (Below)

• Mazik
    Mazik Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

The reason that I am asking is because sometimes when reports are created by employees the report goes to Personal policy on the top right scroll option. Isnt it supposed to say General team policy if I have it set to default.

Thanks,
    MazikGlobal

• Isabela Stisser
    Isabela Stisser Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 200 Expensify Team
    edited March 2020

Hey @Mazik, happy to clarify! Reports are being created under the Personal Policy because that's the policy that users are defaulted to on their accounts.

They can change the report policy ( from Personal to Company) on Open reports by clicking on the drop-down arrow on the upper right when viewing the reports.

If you want to prevent users from switching their policies from Company to Personal, you can enable the Restrict primary policy selection feature in Domain Groups:

Please note that if enabled, group members will only be able to create and submit reports under the set policy. This is useful when you have employees that are approvers for multiple policies but should only submit their own expenses under a single policy.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help!

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Quick update here for those who stumble upon this post! This functionality has changed - check out the update here.