Auditing - bulk edit capability?

rgondorgondo Posts: 27

Hi, our company just started working with Expensify this year. As newbies, we're learning as we go. As a result, I've discovered many mis-categorized expenses that need fixing. Is there an admin feature that allows you to re-categorize already-reimbursed expenses? For tax and management purposes, I want to make sure things are in the right place.

Thanks,
Robert

Answers

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 822 Expensify Success Coach
    edited October 11

Hi Robert,

As a Policy Admin, you should still be able to adjust the coding on even Reimbursed reports. Do you have a particular report which is not playing ball?

Edit: I just see the subject line referred to bulk actions - I don't believe finalised reports can be bulk edited - I think it's line by line only.

• rgondorgondo Posts: 27

Thanks. Yes, I can adjust ex-post, but only individually with expenses line-by-line, not on a bulk-edit capability. So as I'm discovering issues 6months out, there are hundreds or thousands of expenses that need re-tagging of some sort. It's not one particular report, but everyone as we're discovering people's behavior on how they tag expenses and such.

So we are pursuing continuing education of the expense policy, but we also have to go back and clean up all the mis-categorized stuff that we're discovering as we are learning on the go. Wondering if there's an easier way to edit. Since it's all in a database there should be an easy way to edit via SQL or excel, yes?