Admin Webinar Q&A - 10 October 2018

RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 822 Expensify Success Coach
edited October 11 in Webinars

Setup Tasks

Today’s recording is here and the guide is here.

Do you have a full help guide available in PDF? I'm traveling and would like to read through the functionality without having internet access. I also think it would be really handy to refer to when setting up the product.
We don't have a PDF help guide available, as our pages are changing every day. Our resources are all online in our help docs and our Community. You can find a great general user guide here.

How do I contact someone to help me get things set up if I have more questions?
You can contact us at [email protected] :)

Expenses

Can we require the employee to provide the names and company of anyone they entertain (IRS requires bona fide business purpose documentation)? Also, if someone doesn't attach receipt, can we require input in the comment field (they tell us what they purchased)?
Yes, you can use the Attendees section to record people who attended - both internal and external - and also make comments required for Entertainment expenses, and make "business purpose" the comment hint. You can also make receipts required.

Can you show /explain how the employee actually submits receipts?
First, they will need to add them to a report! Take a look at this help doc for an overview on report actions, including submitting a report.

How can I delete the Pcard transaction in the report?
You can delete expenses via the web app by navigating to the Expenses page. From there, select the checkbox next to the unsubmitted (Open or Unreported) expense you wish to delete and then click the red trash can icon at the top of the page. Users must do this themselves, this is not an admin function.

Is it possible to overwrite the exchange rate?
No, the exchange rate cannot be customized, but if you import from a credit card, the card amount will be the final number.

How is cash/mileage or out of pocket expenses entered?
You can enter mileage or out of pocket expenses by creating a new expense. These types of expenses would need to be marked as reimbursable on a report.

Reimbursement

If the employee does not have a checking acct added to their profile, where does the approved expense reimbursement go for the employer to cut a check from?
The policy admin/payroll department can reimburse outside of Expensify and then mark a report as manually reimbursed.

If there are 20 approved expense reimbursements by a variety of employees that are all being reimbursed outside of Expensify ... is there a summary report the employer can pull to gather all those details for quick check issuing?
You can do this from the Reports page, simply enter a date range and filter by Approved, then export to CSV.

How do you add all of our clients' bank accounts for them to reimburse their employees' expenses?
If you or your client is wanting to set up a reimbursement account, you'd do that under Settings > Your Account > Reimbursement. Here is a help doc that goes into setting up a reimbursement account in more detail.

Managing People

How many levels of approvers can you have and can they be dynamic?
You can have up to a 4-person approval workflow. Take a look at this help doc that goes over detailed examples of Advanced Approval Workflows. They cannot be dynamic though, they must be set per user.

How do you add approvers? In the Policy/People Screen we only see All, Auditors and Policy Admins. I see Approvers on your screen.
An 'Approver' is just a regular user who someone submits their reports to in an Advanced Workflow. A policy admin can add/change an approver under Settings > Policies > [Policy Name] > People > Policy Members. This is where you can invite new users and set up your approval workflow. - An approve & close workflow does not have an approvers column.

In the people tab why would I not see the workflow columns for each person?
You likely have a submit & approve workflow, you will need to have an Advanced approval workflow to see these columns.

Billing & Ownership

This billing stuff is just for admins right? Employees won't have this right?
Correct, employees without policy admin permissions wouldn't have access to the billing page. Only the Policy Admin who is also the Billing Owner will see this.

I have set this up mainly to have my team submit receipts so that they link to QB. Is better for me to have a Team account or a Corporate? I'm going to be the only user I noticed with the Corporate account you can input all of the separate cards.
This will all depend on your preferred setup, I recommend you have a good read through our feature comparison. With a corporate policy, you can set up domain control and assign particular cards to specific GL accounts in QB.

What type of Expensify package is your demo account in (team, corporate, etc)? Just trying to verify which type of account gets us all of these tools/options.
A policy on a Corporate level account has all of our offered features.

Are the payments per person or per submitted reports?
Expensify billing is based on active users. An active user is anyone that has edited (created, submitted, approved, exported, etc.) report data on a company policy.

Integrations

Does Expensify link/connect with ADP WorkForce Now? We currently reimburse expenses through our monthly payroll.
We do integrate with ADP. Go ahead and check out this help doc for more info on that integration.

Company Cards & Domain Control

Please send me the info for the domain webinar!
Here you go! Here are all the webinars! Go ahead and choose Company Cards Admin webinar on that page.

Does this import expenses from the credit card company?
Yes, when a user connects their bank/card, that will automatically import their card transactions as expenses into their account.

If an employee has a company credit card, we can set up for expenses to be automatically uploaded so they just need to add the expenses to a report, attach the receipt, enter the category and tag then submit, correct?
Correct, when an employee has a company card assigned to them via Domain Control, any transaction made with that card will import automatically and create an expense. They'd want to add any necessary categories and tags.

How does domain control work for our clients?
Domain Control allows you to manage and restrict users connected to your domain (or your client's domain). It also gives you access to advanced features. Go ahead and check out our help doc on Domain Control for a breakdown of those features.

I am still very confused about how/where to setup up client's credit card feeds?
If you want to manage all of your employee's/client's company cards centrally, you'd want to import those under Domain Control via Settings > Domain Control > [Domain Name] > Company Cards.

How do you verify your domain?
You can verify your domain a few different ways. Take a look at this help doc that goes over how to do this in more detail.

What's the difference between a credit card import and the company card import on the domain control?
Importing company cards via Domain Control allows you to centrally manage all cards. Check out this help doc for more information on importing company cards. Otherwise they are under a user's personal settings and the user must manage it all themselves.

Advanced

Why both category and tag... what's the difference?
Tags are a more specific level of categorization- often dependent on your accounting integration. Take a look at these help docs for more info on Categories and Tags.

Are categories similar to accounts?
Yes, that's right, your categories are generally from your chart of accounts AKA your GL codes.

And Tags would be additional detail?
Yes, these are often departments, projects, locations, classes etc.

Should you have separate policies for corporate vs personal credit card expenses?
Not necessarily! Each expense report can include corporate and personal card expenses. The employee would likely mark those expenses as non-reimbursable and reimbursable prospectively.

Also, if you have multiple clients do you add a "policy" with that company's name?
You can, yes! If you need to keep different clients you manage separate, you will need to set up a different policy for each company.

And can it be billed to each company?
We'll provide you will an itemized bill so you can re-bill clients, or you can select for the client to be the billing owner when you create the policy.

When creating a new Expensify/QBO integration via QuickBooks Online Accountant, when/how does the associated policy get created in Expensify?
You should be able to create a new policy the same way as Stephanie did, even when creating an Expensify account via QBOA.

We've seen expense reports for one of our Policy Admins submitted into one of our client Policies by Concierge. How do we prevent this?
Sounds like your Policy has Scheduled Submit set. This can be accessed under Settings > Policies > [Policy Name] > Reports

How does expensify determine the default Policy for any given Expense Report?
The default policy can be set via the Expensify website by clicking the portrait icon and selecting the company policy from the menu. The user can then alter this by selecting a different policy on the top right of the report.

Is this used for clients as well?
Yes, you set up policies and domains for your clients in the same way as for yourself.

Is there a way to un-check the reimbursable check box as the default?
Yes, you can do this under Settings > Policies > [Policy Name] > Expenses. There's a drop-down menu where you can choose to default expenses as reimbursable or non-reimbursable.

Can you set up min. report amount for Scheduled Submit?
No, Scheduled Submit can be Manual or by timeframe, but not by amount.