Deleting expenses imported via a CSV spreadsheet

Options
brownj24
brownj24 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
edited March 2020 in Day to Day

Hi, does anyone know how to mass delete hundreds of expenses that were accidentally imported from a CSV download?

Currently, I seem only to be able to delete these expenses one page at a time. When I select "Select A" instead of "Select All on this Page", the red delete bin in the top right corner disappears.

So it seems I would have to spend hours deleting thousands of expenses one page at a time...

Is there another way?

Thanks!

Answers

• Isabela Stisser
    Isabela Stisser Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 200 Expensify Team
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hey @brownj24, thanks for reaching out!

If you no longer need the expenses that were imported from the CSV file, you can just delete the file from your Expensify account, and the expenses will be automatically deleted from the Expenses page.

Please note that the transactions in question need to be listed as Open in order to disappear from the account.

When you delete a card or a CSV file, all un-submitted expenses from that transaction feed will be deleted. Expenses that have been added to a submitted/closed report will remain in your account.

You can delete the file by heading to Settings > Account > Credit Card Import.

Let me know if you have questions and I will be happy to help!