Concierge is submitting expenses with smart-scanned receipt but no imported cc transaction...

Options
mwright
mwright Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

I'm an administrator and we've recently set up our commercial card feed. I'm noticing that expense reports are being auto submitted by concierge when a receipt has been smart scanned but the transaction isn't imported. Those transactions are submitted as cash transactions. Is there a setting or recommended workflow to prevent this from happening?

Answers

• Isabela Stisser
    Isabela Stisser Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 200 Expensify Team
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi @mwright, thanks for reaching out!

Hmm are the credit card transactions being imported more than 7 days after the receipts are being SmartScanned? I ask because when you have a corporate card feed linked to Expensify, all the SmartScanned receipts will get flagged with an "Awaiting merge with imported card transaction" violation. If there is no matching card transaction after 7 days, the violation will expire.

You can find more information about Violations in this help article.

I just checked both of your policies and see that Scheduled Submit is disabled, so Concierge automatically submitting reports that contain cash transactions awaiting for cc transactions shouldn't be an issue here.

I see that Scheduled Submit is enabled for your Personal Policy tho. Can you please send along the Report IDs in question so I can take a better look at this for you? Report IDs are unique numbers that can be found on the top left-hand side of each report.

Please note that if a report has a violation, in this case cash transactions awaiting for credit card transactions to be imported, and you don't want Concierge to automatically submit them before the violation is fixed, you can enable the Strictly enforce expense policy rules feature under Domains. If enabled, every rule that has been set for the policy will need to be satisfied before the report can be submitted for approval. If there is a policy violation on an expense, the employee will see a violation notification and will not be able to submit the report. If this feature is disabled employees will be able to dismiss policy violation notifications and submit their reports without correcting them.

Let me know if you have questions and I will be happy to help!

• mwright
    mwright Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

35853611 is the report where I saw this. I rejected the expenses that had receipts but were not attached to a credit card transaction. Perhaps smart scan wasn't used because one of the expenses and receipt uploads is from yesterday so it would have still been in 'violation'. So if smart scan isn't used and people are using scheduled submit, then we could end up with receipts/expenses being submitted for reimbursement? That's my fear is that we will reimburse people as if the expense is out of pocket when it's a corporate card transaction. Is it recommended then that I use the strict enforcement to avoid this from happening?

• Isabela Stisser
    Isabela Stisser Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 200 Expensify Team
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hey @mwright, thanks for sending that over! I checked the report ID in question and see that all the expenses listed on the report are credit card transactions with the corresponding receipts attached.

To provide more context, you can think of your Expenses page as a list of all your transactions - both card imports and cash expenses.

When you add a receipt to Expensify, the receipt will either attach to a matching credit card transaction, or add the receipt as a cash expense if it can not find a card transaction. Either way, it will be added to the Expenses page so that you have a comprehensive view of all your expenses.

If you check the report, you will be able to see that expenses have a credit card icon. To clarify, a cash icon indicates the transaction was a manually-created or cash expense, a card icon indicates the expense was imported from a personal card, and a locked card icon indicates the transaction was imported from a managed company card.

I also see that all expenses listed on the report are marked as non-reimbursable, so you should be good on that end. To answer your question on enabling the feature under your Domain, this is recommended if you want to make sure that reports are not being submitted with violations.

Let me know if you have questions and I will be happy to help!