Deep Dive: Domain Migration Part Two -- Manual Migration
If you have verified both domains, already set up most of your new user email addresses, or your company's email address formatting isn't changing in a consistent manner, then you’ll likely need to undertake the migration process manually.
But don’t worry, it’s not hard - and you can always ask Concierge for a buddy check!
The key thing is to ensure you take the correct steps in the correct order
Note:(If you have already verified both domains, you'll need at least one shared Domain Admin across both domains to be able to complete the below actions).
Additionally, If your existing domain has Expensify Cards, please reach out to Concierge to have the migration completed automatically.
- Have all employees add their new email address as a Secondary Login to their current account.
- Verify your new Domain
Clear login restrictions from the Groups on the old domain
Have each user switch their Primary and Secondary Login email addresses.
- You can then add any card feeds. If you need to move a commercial card feed, reach out to [email protected] as we’ll need to do this for you. Keep in mind that when a card is unassigned, any open and unreported expenses will be lost, but they can be added again from the new feed.
- Enter the transaction start date so that your transactions will not overlap with the previous import but with continue on.
- You can now delete your old Domain from your Domains page.
- If your employees have already set up an additional account under the new email address, they will need to merge the accounts.
- You can then proceed to add the users to Domain Groups on the new domain.