Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status
We’re no longer accepting new participants as our focus is on reimbursing existing claims. While we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep reimbursements moving forward. If you know anyone who can donate to this campaign please encourage them to enable Personal or Corporate Karma on their Expensify account.
Deep Dive: Domain Migration Part Two -- Manual Migration
If you have verified both domains, set up a few users or your new email addresses are totally different, you’ll need to undertake the migration process manually. But don’t worry, it’s not hard!
The key thing is to ensure you take the correct steps in the correct order
Note:(steps 1 and 2 cannot be completed if you have already verified both domains, so you'll want to reset the domain you're migrating to first.)
- Have all employees add their new email address as a Secondary Login to their current account.
- Verify your new Domain
Clear login restrictions from the Groups on the old domain
Have each user switch their Primary and Secondary Login email addresses.
- You can then add any card feeds. If you need to move a commercial card feed, reach out to [email protected] as we’ll need to do this for you. Keep in mind that when a card is unassigned, any open and unreported expenses will be lost, but they can be added again from the new feed.
- Enter the transaction start date so that your transactions will not overlap with the previous import but with continue on.
- You can now delete your old Domain from your Domains page.
- If your employees have already set up an additional account under the new email address, they will need to merge the accounts.
- You can then proceed to add the users to Domain Groups on the new domain.