Can I add expenses for my CEO?

Susan717
Susan717 Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

Hi
Our CEO, President and Chairman often hand physical receipts in, for reimbursing, can I add these into Expensify for them? I'm the account admin.

Best Answer

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓

Hi @susan717, thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! This is a fairly common scenario so we have just the thing. If your admin adds you to his account as a Copilot, you'll be able to upload receipts into his account on his behalf.

We have a great article on Copilots that you can find in our Help Center here. If you run into any questions feel free to post back on this thread or search the Community for an answer to your question.

Only the owner of an individual account is able to add a Copilot, so you won't be able to do this as an admin. The CEO can do this by following the steps below.

1. Log into your account using a web browser like Chrome or Safari,
    2. Navigate to your Settings > Your Account > Account Details tab, and scroll down to the Copilot section.
    3. Add the email who the account who needs to upload receipts as a Copilot,
    4. Done!

You'll receive an email confirming the addition and you can upload receipts in multiple ways. Since your CEO is handing you paper receipts, you'll most likely want to use the mobile app on Android or iOS.

Using the app, you can be logged into your account and through the User Icon > Settings page will have the ability to Copilot into the CEO's account and snap a photo of the receipt. SmartScan will take care of populating the merchant, date and amount of the receipt and if there is a matching imported credit card expense it will automatically merge with it.

I hope this helps!

Answers