Expensify.org is accepting proposals for new campaigns. Submit yours here by April 30th to receive up to $100,000 in funding for campaigns dismantling injustice related to: Climate, Homes, Hunger, Reentry, or Youth.

Policy settings page for non-Admin users

DaveweezDaveweez Expensify Customer Posts: 146 Expensify Aficionado

By having the Policy information at the users fingertips, they can quickly check to see what they need to do to be within policy (especially if its a policy parameter that is not built into the settings). It would also help managers to understand and make good decisions when approving.

As a User, I would like to understand what my policy parameters are that my Admin has set up for me before I get started or try to submit a report. Users want to follow rules, and it is better to offer the rules upfront so they know, rather than give them a violation notice and tell them they did something wrong. By having the Policy information at the users fingertips, they can quickly check to see what they need to do to be within policy (especially if it’s a policy parameter that is not built into the settings).

As an Admin, I would like to add more details and policy information/guidance to the user. It would be great to have a text field that I can populate with “Offline” policy information (stuff that is not built into the settings, like “Strip clubs are not an acceptable reimbursable expenses”). If in addition to (or in place of) a text box, allow me to upload a PDF, PPT, or DOC per policy.

As a Manager, I would like to be able to click on a link that shows me what the policy is so that I can determine if I should approve the Strip club expense or not. I don’t want to have to dig in my email to find the policy or call up the Admin and ask him.

As for how to implement this, instead of showing the Admin tab, just show a Policy tab with just the applicable policy(s). Also, the Policy Name should be a link to a pop-up modal that has a description of the policy settings, the “offline” policy text, and or a downloadable or in-app viewable version of the PDF, PPT, or DOC.

6 votes

Not Developing · Last Updated

Closing due to lack of interest (Sorry Dave)

Comments