How to enter German Pauschbetrag ?

Options
TobiasHaeuser
TobiasHaeuser Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Hello,
How can I enter the lump sum (Pauschbetrag) into Expensify, as it is common standard in German expense law?
Thanks
Tobias

Answers

• Isabela Stisser
    Isabela Stisser Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 200 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @TobiasHaeuser, thanks for posting to the Community!

Can you please provide more details about this method and how exactly this would benefit you when using Expensify? If you can share more details about your workflow and how this could be applied to your expenses, I will be able to have a better idea and provide the correct instructions!

Thanks!

• TobiasHaeuser
    TobiasHaeuser Expensify Customer Posts: 2
    Options

Hi Isabela,
    For each business trip it’s required by German tax law, to document start / end time. Depending on that, some tax free money is reimbursed. This is also depending on the region where you travel.

How can I do this with Expensify?
    Thanks

Tobias

• Isabela Stisser
    Isabela Stisser Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 200 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @TobiasHaeuser, thanks for providing more context here!

If you need to track Per Diem allowances for business travel, you can easily set up your Per Diem rates in Expensify! Once they are set up, you or your employees can then use these Per Diem rates to claim Per Diem allowances.

I believe that you are interested in creating geographical (destination) Per Diem, correct? In this case, you will need to create positive per diem rates for the allowances and negative rates for the provided meal reductions.

Take a look at this help article for more information on how to enable this in your policy.

Let me know if you have questions and I will be happy to help!