How can I aggregate total expenses BY TAG (ie Cost Center or Project) within expense reports?

Options
oscarvasquez
oscarvasquez Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Hi. We are a consulting firm, and our employees assign their expenses to projects. We are using "Tags" to represent projects. Is there a way to aggregate the expenses assigned to each project (tag) within an employee's expense report?

We are a small firm and don't have any integration between Expensify and a back-end system (ie Quickbooks). It's a manual process.

A CSV/Excel solution would be fine. However I can only see how to export an individual expense report to PDF.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 28 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi there!

I'd be glad to help with this, but first, I want to make sure that I'm understanding correctly what you'd like to do here. Are you wanting to export the expenses to a CSV or Excel file based on each tag selected?

If so, you can do this by clicking on the Expenses page of your account via the desktop website, and using the Filters to isolate both the Tag you'd like to analyze, as well as the All Submitters option. Once those filters have been applied, you can click on the checkboxes to the left of each expense, and then choose the Export To option in the upper righthand corner of the screen. There, you'll see the option to export to a Default CSV file.

Let me know if you have any questions!