We’re currently making some incredible improvements to SmartScan! During this time, you may experience delays of up to 24 hours for receipts completing SmartScan. This should be a short-term inconvenience that results in significant improvements to both SmartScan processing times and accuracy going forward. Thank you for your patience and please accept our apologies in advance! 

Adding existing expenses to an Expense Report

luckyjimluckyjim Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Is there an easy way to attach the existing unreported expenses to a new/existing expense report ?
The documentation doesn't specify if I can simply supply the ID of the expense instead of the mandatory 4 fields in the expense object of expenses array.

Answers

• IsabelaStisserIsabelaStisser Posts: 160 Expensify Success Coach
    edited November 2

Hi @luckyjim, thanks for posting to the Community! Adding unreported expenses to a new or existing report is super easy and I will be happy to explain below! :)

On the Expensify web app, you can head to your Expenses page and select all the unreported expenses that you would like to move to a report, by clicking on the checkbox next to them:

Once that's done, you will see the Add to Report button come up, and there you will be able to choose which report you want to add those expenses to:

You can find complete instructions on how to create and submit reports in Expensify in this help article.

Cheers!

• luckyjimluckyjim Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Thanks for the answer @IsabelaStisser and apologies as I didn't phrase the question right :(. Actually I want this capability using the API. I understood how to do it using the UI with the above.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 2,006 Expensify Success Coach
    edited November 7

Hi @luckyjim! No worries at all, I'm glad we're on the same page now. I reached out to my team about this functionality and have some news to share. While the API does not support this right now, we are going to do some testing to see if we can.

I'm going to follow the discussion closely and I'll keep you updated as I learn more about the possibility of this being supported.

Talk to you soon!