We're experiencing abnormally high support volume that has created a backlog delaying our responsiveness. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Adding existing expenses to an Expense Report

luckyjimluckyjim Posts: 3Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

Is there an easy way to attach the existing unreported expenses to a new/existing expense report ?
The documentation doesn't specify if I can simply supply the ID of the expense instead of the mandatory 4 fields in the expense object of expenses array.

2 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• IStisserIStisser Posts: 257Expensify Team Expensify Team
    edited November 2018

Hi @luckyjim, thanks for posting to the Community! Adding unreported expenses to a new or existing report is super easy and I will be happy to explain below! :)

On the Expensify web app, you can head to your Expenses page and select all the unreported expenses that you would like to move to a report, by clicking on the checkbox next to them:

Once that's done, you will see the Add to Report button come up, and there you will be able to choose which report you want to add those expenses to:

You can find complete instructions on how to create and submit reports in Expensify in this help article.

Cheers!

• luckyjimluckyjim Posts: 3Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

Thanks for the answer @IsabelaStisser and apologies as I didn't phrase the question right :(. Actually I want this capability using the API. I understood how to do it using the UI with the above.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 2,140Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team
    edited November 2018

Hi @luckyjim! No worries at all, I'm glad we're on the same page now. I reached out to my team about this functionality and have some news to share. While the API does not support this right now, we are going to do some testing to see if we can.

I'm going to follow the discussion closely and I'll keep you updated as I learn more about the possibility of this being supported.

Talk to you soon!

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 2,140Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team

Not update quite yet, but I'm still watching for an update I can share. I'll be in touch as soon as I can.

• RandomRandom Posts: 9Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

any update ? I am looking to fetch list of unreported expenses using API too.

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Posts: 784Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team

@Random Unfortunately, updates to the API are lower priority so there hasn't been any changes and I don't have a timeline quite yet. While it is something we hope to do in the future we're focusing our engineering resources on higher priority updates and fixes.

• ZeusTZeusT Posts: 2Expensify Customer
    Hi there, is there any update on this?

At least is there a way to list out existing expenses, get their IDs and assign to a report? Seems strange to be only able to create a report with new expenses. With CC import, it defeats the purpose of having it auto-create expenses if I then have to create New expenses for the API to be able to create the report.
  • Mark LouisMark Louis Posts: 78Expensify Team Expensify Team
    Hi @ZeusT! Thank you for that additional feedback!
    As of right now, there is not an update, but if there continues to be a strong case and user support for this feature, the team will likely revisit this.
  • ZeusTZeusT Posts: 2Expensify Customer
    The case has been there for over a year, so yeah it is wanted. As to the strength of case it is had to provide metrics. If was there how many people would use it vs how many a vocal enough to ask. 

Is there a uservoice-type entry for features so users to provide feedback? 
  • Christina DobryzynskiChristina Dobryzynski Posts: 123Expensify Team Expensify Team
    edited January 9
    Great suggestion, @ZeusT! I've changed this into an Idea post to gather demand for it. @luckyjim@Random, and @ZeusT, don't forget to vote on it!