We’re currently making some incredible improvements to SmartScan! During this time, you may experience delays of up to 24 hours for receipts completing SmartScan. This should be a short-term inconvenience that results in significant improvements to both SmartScan processing times and accuracy going forward. Thank you for your patience and please accept our apologies in advance! 

Importing Credit Card transactions with Transaction Date instead of Post Date

Hi,

Importing Credit Card transactions to Expensify is a great feature but currently it imports and generates eReceipts for Credit Card transactions using the Post Date.
This gets very confusing especially when reporting a business trip and having imported transactions fall outside of the dates of the trip.

It would be great to have a "switch" on the Credit Card import set up page that would determine if the Transaction Date or Post Date is used when importing transactions.

I know that my bank provides both in it's online system.

Answers

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 880 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @Bartosz Welcome to the Expensify Community!

Actually, as a general rule we use the Transaction Date. I wonder if because your bank has two dates we are pulling in the wrong one?

Do you mind emailing [email protected] with as much info as possible? Maybe include a spreadsheet of a couple weeks' transactions downloaded from your bank?

• BartoszBartosz Posts: 2
    edited November 7

Hi @RachCHopkins,
    This is interesting since yesterday I got following reply when asking the Concierge that lead me here ;)

I'm sorry! Unfortunately this isn't possible at the moment. I can see how it could be useful though!
    A great way to start a discussion around your idea is to add it to the Expensify Community. The most popular ideas found here are reviewed by the Expensify team and have a real chance of being placed on the roadmap.

The bank in question is Chase.
    I've shared more info via email.