Importing Credit Card transactions with Transaction Date instead of Post Date

BartoszBartosz Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

Hi,

Importing Credit Card transactions to Expensify is a great feature but currently it imports and generates eReceipts for Credit Card transactions using the Post Date.
This gets very confusing especially when reporting a business trip and having imported transactions fall outside of the dates of the trip.

It would be great to have a "switch" on the Credit Card import set up page that would determine if the Transaction Date or Post Date is used when importing transactions.

I know that my bank provides both in it's online system.

Answers

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 994 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @Bartosz Welcome to the Expensify Community!

Actually, as a general rule we use the Transaction Date. I wonder if because your bank has two dates we are pulling in the wrong one?

Do you mind emailing [email protected] with as much info as possible? Maybe include a spreadsheet of a couple weeks' transactions downloaded from your bank?

• BartoszBartosz Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    edited November 2018

Hi @RachCHopkins,
    This is interesting since yesterday I got following reply when asking the Concierge that lead me here ;)

I'm sorry! Unfortunately this isn't possible at the moment. I can see how it could be useful though!
    A great way to start a discussion around your idea is to add it to the Expensify Community. The most popular ideas found here are reviewed by the Expensify team and have a real chance of being placed on the roadmap.

The bank in question is Chase.
    I've shared more info via email.