We’re currently making some incredible improvements to SmartScan! During this time, you may experience delays of up to 24 hours for receipts completing SmartScan. This should be a short-term inconvenience that results in significant improvements to both SmartScan processing times and accuracy going forward. Thank you for your patience and please accept our apologies in advance! 

Quickbooks not exporting

I am using Expensify mainly to collect receipts, it is a sole-prop and the business owner forwards the receipts and I classify them.

The issue I am running into is that it wont export/sync to quickbooks. I keep receiving the same error:

Error Creating Vendor

A vendor with the same name already exists in Quickbooks Online.

For more details go to: Expensierror QBO088

I am not sure how to resolve this.

Answers

• Ted PeetersTed Peeters Posts: 149 Expensify Success Coach

Hiya @Drizzle, great username and welcome to the Expensify Community!

Thanks for checking in about this. That error, "A vendor with the same name already exists in QuickBooks Online" means there's a vendor listed in QuickBooks Online more than once. Since one of your vendors is listed multiple times, Expensify cannot successfully export the report, not knowing which vendor is the correct one to export to.

Can you check your vendor list to see if you can find which vendor is listed more than once? This should be referring to the submitter of the expense report. Then, you'd want to update (to remove the email address in one record) or ideally just remove that duplicate vendor.

Additionally, can you disable automatically create vendors in QuickBooks Online, and make sure the email on the existing vendor matches the email in Expensify?