We’re currently making some incredible improvements to SmartScan! During this time, you may experience delays of up to 24 hours for receipts completing SmartScan. This should be a short-term inconvenience that results in significant improvements to both SmartScan processing times and accuracy going forward. Thank you for your patience and please accept our apologies in advance! 

Is there a way to auto populate frequent attendees?

ntmamantmama Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

I have 4 other attendees that frequently contribute to the same monthly expense report. Is there a way to easily add them (like a drop down menu or auto populate?) It's cumbersome to add them and delete myself.

Best Answer

• Ted PeetersTed Peeters Posts: 149 Expensify Success Coach
    Accepted Answer

Hi @ntmama - thanks for posting in the Expensify Community! Currently, there's no speedy way to allocate a certain set of attendees to specific expenses, but that sounds interesting!

A few follow up questions from me:
    1. Would this ideally be a group of attendee's you would add at once to a specific expense OR
    2. Would this be more useful to simply have recent or grouped separate attendees that you could add at the top of the attendee list?
    3. Is this something you find is specific to certain merchants? And would it therefore be more useful to have say, Attendee's included in an Expense rule, rather than a feature clogging up the Attendee dropdown options?

Definitely have a think about it! We're super interested in how folks are using Attendee tracking going forward, because it can definitely be built upon - we just want to make sure anything we look at improving is right for most customers. When you think you've got a solid idea of how it would best be implemented for you and others, why not head on over to the Ideas section here. After you add this, other Expensify users will be able to vote on the idea and we can gauge the demand for it.

The most popular ideas will be reviewed by our team and have a real chance of being placed on our roadmap!

Answers

• ntmamantmama Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

Hello @Ted Peeters Thank you for your response. Forgive me if I don't answer your specific question. I'm not quite sure how to answer. I believe my answer would be that it would be helpful to have grouped separate attendees to add?? Here is my situation: I am the legal guardian for 2 siblings. I currently submit receipts monthly for expenses to their accountant and I use the attendees to indicate whose expense it is. If it's one child, I put his name only. If it's both, I use both names. If it's a combined family expense, I use all of our names so the accountant knows how to divide the expense. For me, if I had a drop down menu (like the categories have,) I could choose 1 of 5 or 6 regular "attendees". You may wonder why I don't do a separate report for each child. Well, it's more work for me because many of the expenses are shared. The accountant gets paid for separating these out on separate spread sheets. I used to use Neat Receipts but I think expensify is better. thank you for your time!

• tylerzolltylerzoll Posts: 527 Expensify Pro

@Ted Peeters, I would for sure go for the attendees in the rules option. I'm a fan of anything related to improving expense rules and making them more useful.