Admin Webinar Q&A - 14 November 2018

RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 915Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach
edited February 15 in Webinars

Setup Tasks

Today’s recording is here and the guide is here.

Expenses

If you have reports from multiple policies can you combine those reports?
We don't offer a method of merging reports. When you delete an open report, the expenses are removed from the report and placed back on your expenses page, which can be used to create a new report. You can quickly filter for Unreported, select all, and add to the remaining report.

Managing People

I don't seem to have a "People" tab in my settings under policy overview?
Sounds like you are looking at your Personal Policy. You should have a Company Policy above this under Settings > Policies.

Company Cards & Domain Control

I would like view or attend the company card webinar.
Great! You can register for the Company Card webinar by clicking here.

How do I find old expenses for a Credit card holder even though we have already updated their Credit Card via Expensify?
It sounds like you're referring to locating past transactions that have occurred on the card that may not have imported using our card import feature. If this is the case, I'd suggest using our CSV upload feature to upload historical transactions for the card. For more information, please see this help doc.

Advanced

We’re a consulting firm with various clients who have different expense guidelines. Do I need a policy per client?
I'd highly suggest that. This will help keep client expenses separated and provide you with simple administration for each client.

I see a 'clients' category, is that a tag, and if yes can you set up separate client tags?
This example represents a category or GL code, the actual Clients themselves are generally set up as Tags. You can edit your tags via Settings > Policies > [Policy Name] > Tags.

Can you go over schedule Submit? Do I understand correctly these don’t require a person to actually approve them?
No. Scheduled Submit only handles the collection and submission of reports. Automatic approvals are "Expense Approvals" - found via Settings > Policies > [Policy Name] > People.

One employee may have expenses billable to two projects within one client, is there a way to set up expense reporting to identify the client and project that the expense is being billed to?
Sure! I'd suggest using Tags or Report Fields to provide attribution. I'd suggest using "Report fields" for the client, as this will be a report-level identifier, then using tags for projects. That way one report could be associated with ta client, with multiple projects shown on the report.

Is tax tracking available on the free version?
Yep! You just need to enable the feature via your Personal Policy settings.

How can expenses be identified to departments? We use "tag" for customer already.
I'd suggest using our multi-level tag feature to create a parent tag 'department' and then multi-level tags beneath!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.