Education series #1 - Using the Expensify Community

Options
Sheena Trepanier
Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
edited May 2018 in Important

Good morning, good afternoon and good evening to all our users around the world. The goal of the Community is to create a space where customers can come together to support each other and share their ideas in a supportive way. We want you to think of the Community as a first stop to search for an answer to any question you may have.

With that in mind, today seemed like the perfect time to kick off our first educational series of threads and share some tips on making your Community experience a great one.

Whether you’re new to the Community or you’ve been using it since release, the tips below are helpful at any stage.

• We’d love to know more about you! Because of that, we’ve created a new category and thread in the Community. The “Important” category will be the official location we post important information and any community announcements. The thread “Introduce yourself” should be where you stop by and share what you hope to gain from the Community.
  • Check out your profile and add a profile photo! Seeing your face, or something you love helps other Expensify users and us to connect and feel a stronger sense of togetherness.
  • Set your notification preferences. Do you want to be notified every time someone posts a reply to your question or answer? Would you rather have notifications on the web or your mobile phone? These notifications can be set up from the cog in the top right > Edit Profile > Notification Preferences section of your profile.
  • If you haven’t already, it’s a great idea to read through our Community guidelines and Support Methodology. Understanding what's expected of you as a member of the Community and what you can expect from Expensify’s Success team, will help you get the best quality responses to your questions and ideas.

Don’t forget that everyone here is a resource for your Expensify questions, and we all genuinely want to help you succeed in Expensify. Feel free to post a question, answer someone else’s or share a product idea that you've been thinking about.

Cheers!

P.S. - check back in next week for another article in our education series!

Link to week 2.

Comments

• Sylviaellenreid
    Sylviaellenreid Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    Options

Good morning. My name is Sylvia E. Reid. I am a disabled and a stage 4 cancer survivor, also cancer free. I just received the Expensify Community flier yesterday. This is very new to me. I don't understand why we can get extra $50.00 for groceries through Expensify Community. They could've made it easier to just add the extra $50.00 in my Snap Card instead. I don't know anything about Expensify. I think that getting extra funds on my Snap Card is a great idea. What if we don't have any type of bank account at all?

• Faith777
    Faith777 Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    Options

Hope all is well. Please be safe and lets stand strong and help each other get threw this with respect kindness and support. May u and ur loved ones Have a safe healthy life😊

• Kadie Alexander
    Kadie Alexander Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 113 Expensify Team
    Options

@Sylviaellenreid Welcome to the Community! Congratulations on your cancer-free status. I want to reassure you that we try to make this process as simple as possible and we're here with you every step of the way.

We are able to reimburse into the bank accounts of people who've already purchased goods on their SNAP card because our system is designed to reimburse company expenses directly into the bank accounts of employees. We're fortunate that we can leverage our existing technology to deposit our charitable funds directly in the accounts of those that need them most. This has meant that Expensify.org can act quickly and effectively to help vulnerable Americans during this global crisis.

If you're having trouble with this process, please reach out to concierge@expensify.com with more details and we'll be happy to walk you through it. 😊