How do you delete an entry in Policies?

RickyBellardRickyBellard Posts: 6Expensify Customer

How do you delete a company policy owner that I have listed in Company Policies. You can find this in settings.

Best Answer

Answers

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 915Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @RickyBellard Welcome to the Expensify Community!

This means you have been invited to a Policy which someone else owns. You'll need to request that they remove you, you cannot do this yourself unless the name of the Policy is blue and you can click through into it.

If it is, you can go to Settings > Policies > [Policy Name] > People, check the box next to your row and Remove.

Let me know if I can help with anything further!

• RickyBellardRickyBellard Posts: 6Expensify Customer

Please explain what you mean by "and you can click right through it" please. The policy does turn blue.

• IsabelaStisserIsabelaStisser Posts: 184Expensify Success Coach Expensify Success Coach

Hey @RickyBellard, sorry for the confusion! If the name of the Policy was blue and there was a link to click through it, this means that you are either a policy admin and/or the policy billing owner.

I checked your account now and see that you are not listed as a Policy Admin for the company policy, and the name of the policy is grey.

If you would like to be removed from that policy, please reach out to the Billing Owner. The email is listed under the Billing Owner field in your account.

Please note that the Personal Policy is a default policy available in all users' accounts and cannot be deleted.

Let me know if you have questions and I will be happy to help!

Isabella, thank you so much. This was all done in error due to my ignorance. I clicked on this individual thinking I was going to be able to ask him a question or two and low and behold I selected him as “boss”. If this gentleman never responds to my emails, is there an alternative answer?

• IsabelaStisserIsabelaStisser Posts: 184Expensify Success Coach Expensify Success Coach

Hey @RickyBellard, no worries! I'm glad that I could help you clarify this confusion.

Unfortunately we are not able to take actions on users' accounts on their behalf so let's hope that the billing owner will reply to you soon, so you can request that your email is removed from this policy.

If you're still having trouble hearing from him, please reach out to [email protected] and the team will be able to better assist you.

Let me know if you have questions and I will be happy to help!

Isabella, hope I don't become a pest! If I get this issue resolved, how should I list myself? Company or Personal? Its just me in a small business trying to keep expenses organized for Uncle Sam!

Hey @RickyBellard! So sorry for my delay here, I didn't get a notification that you asked me another question because your didn't tag me here!

If you only need to track your personal expenses then the Indidivual policy should be good good for you! :)