Admin Webinar Q&A - 20 November 2018

Ariel GreenAriel Green Posts: 8 Expensify Success Coach
edited November 2018 in Webinars

Today’s recording is here and the guide is here.

Expenses

Is SmartScan only based on US vendors?
No, SmartScan works internationally as well!

When someone rejects the report, will the employee have to redo a new report? Can't they just re-submit with the edits?
No, the employee will not need to create a new report. They will be able to make changes and resubmit the existing report.

How do you delete old reports once they are submitted?
Reports cannot be deleted unless they are in the Open state. Instead, you will need to use filters to hide them.

Can one expense be split between categories of more than one policy?
No, an expense can only be associated with a single report, which in turn can only be associated with a single policy.

Can Expensify pick up duplicate expenses?
Yes, we do have duplicate detection for SmartScanned expenses. Learn more here.

Managing People

Can co-pilot be used by executives to delegate the entering of expenses to admins?
Yes, this is a great use of the Copilot role!

We have about 250 accounting categories, can we assign set categories to people or will they see all the categories?
You can create multiple policies for different departments. All users on a specific policy will be able to see all enabled categories on that policy.

Billing & Ownership

I have a teams account - what are the main differences between teams and corporate
The main differences are advanced approval, Domain Control, and the accounting integrations to which you can export. Learn more here: https://www.expensify.com/pricing

Is the billing per user and per policy? (i.e., if one user is active on two policies, is one charged twice for that user?)
No, a user would only be billed for once regardless of how many policies that user is active on.

Are we billed for only ACTIVE users for a given month?
It depends. If you have an annual subscription, you will be billed for all members of your subscription, regardless of activity. If you are on flex billing, you will only be billed for active users.

Is flex billing billed per month?
Yes, flex billing is billed on a month-to-month basis.

If I as a manager am the policy admin but my personal assistant is a Copilot, would I be billed for 1 or 2 users?
You will be billed for a Copilot if they take any action on a report during a given month.

Definition of active user for billing? If 10 users are on a subscription but only 5 submit a report in a period, am I billed based on 5 or 10 users?
If you have an annual subscription set at 10 users, you will be billed for 10 users. If you are on flex, you would only be billed for 5

Integrations

Is it possible to reimburse employees through ADP Payroll using the integration?
No, that is not possible.

Can we change categories based on our accounting categories in our accounting software?
If you are connected to an accounting integration, you will need to add categories and tags on the accounting side first. Then, when you sync your policy, they will be imported into Expensify.

Expensify does work with QuickBooks, right?
Yes! Expensify works with QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop.

Do you have a tutorial on how to connect with QuickBooks to Expensify that you can send me a link of?
Sure!

Company Cards & Domain Control

I'm interested in the Corporate Cards Webinar

I have to assign domain control through a 3rd party remote server. How do I start that process?
To get started with Domain Control, head to Settings > Domain Control > Take Control. You must have a corporate policy to enable Domain Control.

This discussion has been closed.