Is there a better way to Merge Expenses and Receipts?

LamJamLamJam Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Do I merge from a receipt, or from an expense? Often they do not automatically merge. I actually prefer to drag a receipt from mt desktop.

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 2,150 Expensify Team

@LamJam - To merge, you'll want to take the action from an expense. However, if you want to drag and drop receipt images from your desktop that is fine as well. You can even drag and drop a receipt and have it attach directly to the correct expense. Do this, first open the expense details in your preferred web browser and then draft he receipt image onto the expense itself.

I hope this helps!

• MollyH20MollyH20 Expensify Customer Posts: 2

a new employee manually created an expense report before the expenses auto-populated from the corporate credit card - now he has two expense reports: one with personal credit card/cash expenses + the corp card expenses, one with only the auto-populated (duplicate) corp card expenses. As the domain admin I should be able to delete one of the expense reports but do not see how to do that - please help

• Jenna HayJenna Hay Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 65 Expensify Team

Hi @MollyH20

Only submitters are allowed to delete their own reports. That said, if both reports are on your company's policy then you should be able to view and merge the receipt and card transaction which will pull the receipt off the personal report and move it to the company card report.

If receipts and card transactions are not automatically merging (the should provided the date and amounts are the same and the receipt was SmartScanned) then I definitely recommend getting the cardholder to review this guide and if they are following all our best practices but still having issues then please send in the examples to [email protected] so we can investigate further.

• MollyH20MollyH20 Expensify Customer Posts: 2

I had the employee add me as a copilot so I was able to separate the corp expenses to one report, and keep the personal card expenses into another report (so I was able to see exactly which receipts needed to be merged). Then I merged his manually created corp card expenses with the auto-populated versions. Hope this helps others with the same issue...