Can reports be submitted *FROM* a secondary-login email address?

Options
communitymember285
communitymember285 Expensify Customer Posts: 2
edited November 2018 in Day to Day

Hello!

My Expensify account is set up with my personal email address being my primary login.
I have a few other secondary logins with different company email addresses.

I also have a few policies configured for each company I work with, and I can submit reports to each of these policies.

When I submit a report, it arrives as coming "from" my personal email address (primary login address).

One of the companies that I submit to syncs Expensify with QuickBooks Online using Vendors. My vendor record in QBO has my work email address (my secondary login) associated with it and not my personal email address.
As a result of the email mismatch, the reports I submit can't be imported into QBO because of "that vendor already exists errors".

The company would prefer that reports coming from my Expensify account arrive from my work email address and not my personal email address.

Is there any way to submit a report so it comes "from" one of my secondary login's email addresses?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Answers

• Karisa Latta
    Karisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team
    Options

Hey @communitymember285

The report "From" field will always show your Primary Login only. You can change your Primary Login at any time. However, when you change the Primary Login, all report "From" fields will update to the current setting.

If changing your Primary Login isn't the best for your use case, you may wish to consider separate user accounts for each email address you use for Expensify. Then, link those accounts together with Copilot access.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have more questions.

• communitymember285
    communitymember285 Expensify Customer Posts: 2
    edited November 2018
    Options

Thanks for the info Karisa.

Your suggestion to create multiple separate accounts that are linked with Copilot does not seem to work for me. I regularly work for 3 companies, and I was always logging out/in to 3 different Expensify accounts and it was too burdensome to manage.
    With previous advice from Expensify staff, I have consolidated the 3 accounts into one account that has 3 separate policies. This makes it super easy to manage my expenses for the 3 companies I work with and is a great workflow.
    I'm unable to unmerge my 3 accounts into the 3 separate accounts that existed before.

I'd like to understand your first suggestion a little bit more.
    It sounds like I could change my primary login to communitymember285@companyA.com right before I submit my expenses to companyA... and then switch the primary to companyB.com before I submit my expenses to companyB.
    ...but where you say the "from" field will update to the current primary login...
    I take that to mean that I must keep my primary login as CompanyA until the finance team at Company A has exported my report into their QBO online account. Once they've done that I can switch my primary login to CompanyB and leave it there until Company B exports that report to their QBO.

Is this what you are suggesting?
    Switch my primary and leave it while that finance team processes the report?

• Karisa Latta
    Karisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team
    Options

Hey @communitymember285 thanks for replying!

q.) ...but where you say the "from" field will update to the current primary login...
    I take that to mean that I must keep my primary login as CompanyA until the finance team at Company A has exported my report into their QBO online account.
    a.) Precisely. This is the part that is really cumbersome because QBO will only read your current Primary Login for report export actions. Another option is, if you know companyA exports info to QBO on a specific day each month/week, then you can just flip-flop your Primary Login on that specific day.

Alternatively, you can ask CompanyA to add your personal email address to your Employee/Vendor Profile in their QBO system. Then, set your personal email address as your Primary Login in Expensify. With this setup, you don't have to do anything except submit reports! I suggest personal email address here only because it will prevent the different companies from seeing who else you work for via your other email addresses. It's not a strict suggestion.

Would any of this work out for you?