We’re currently making some incredible improvements to SmartScan! During this time, you may experience delays of up to 24 hours for receipts completing SmartScan. This should be a short-term inconvenience that results in significant improvements to both SmartScan processing times and accuracy going forward. Thank you for your patience and please accept our apologies in advance! 

Postponing sunsetting Statement Reporting to next year

Flavia FariaFlavia Faria Posts: 1 Expensify Success Coach

You’ve shared your feedback and we’ve listened. You helped us identify a few pain points that we would like to address, and so we've decided to push back sunsetting Statement Reporting until next year.

We believe the current solution of combining Scheduled Submit with the Reconciliation Dashboard works well for two types of customers: smaller companies, or larger companies that are not heavy users of company cards. For those that don't fall into either group, this solution might not be great as it may lead to a partial offset of reports, which can be hard to manage when dealing with several cardholders.

While we internally discuss the product changes necessary in order to make this process better for you, we have a few competing priorities that are keeping us from focusing 100% on this. In order to give us enough time to think about this product change so that it represents an improvement in your process, we have decided to push sunsetting Statement Reporting to the end of Q2 2019.

Thank you so much for providing all the valuable feedback on your reconciling processes and helping us make this decision! We’ll let you know as soon as we have any updates :)

Comments

• SAOSBRSAOSBR Posts: 13 Expensify Admirer
  • jbaxterjbaxter Posts: 42 Expensify Admirer

Great news on a Monday morning! Thankyou Expensify for listening.
    @Flavia Faria - I have a few card feeds that were set up after the ASR feature was removed - can I get ASR added to those ones now?

• Brian_ISC2Brian_ISC2 Posts: 10 Expensify Newcomer

Thank you, This is the best news I've had is a few days:)

• GLTJeffGLTJeff Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

I have to say this concerned me initially when announced... to the point of that I was starting to look at alternative products. The bottom line is if scheduled submit goes away and my AP people don't have exact reports tie out to statements for that user, then it's unlikely we can stick with the product. I personally would prefer you just leave it as it is.

• ldouglasldouglas Posts: 1

Thank you for this! I took the class on the reconciling and understand how to do it, I just still don't see how to get it to work for us without the Statement reporting. :/ This really needs to be addressed before switching over

• GLTJeffGLTJeff Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Well I have 7 domains registered via domain control. 3 of them we had managed to get working with Chase before they started getting greedy with feed issues. The remaining four were never completed until after we had new feeds commissioned by Chase which just went live 3 weeks ago.. as Im trying to finish the final four domains I am being told I no longer can apply ASR to them. So i have half of my users on a method that works PERFECTLY FINE for us.. and the rest are going to have to use an alternate method that at best will have them whining about how crappy the product is, and at worst is going to have the accounting department saying its causing them more headaches than the old method. ON TOP OF THAT.. I have the annoying response from Concierge tellimg me ASR is going away at year end.

First off, update Concierge. Second, our accounts should have grandfather status.. period. To pick and chose between the domains on ONE account is not acceptable.

I am not happy. Your alternative doesn't work for a lot of us. I have supported and recommended the product for years to colleagues and peers. If you're going to be this tone deaf to what we need, then we might as well go to Concur since that's what they've always been best at!

WITHOUT ASR Expensify is Reporting that DOES Suck! 😡

• NealNeal Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Thanks for delaying the retiring of ASR. I would have to agree with @GLTJeff on this one....

ASR is vital for how we function with Expensify, we need to tie in credit card reports to Expensify. If this function is lost, Expensify would be useless to us..... and we would be forced to look at alternative expense management systems.

The reconciliation dashboard does not work for us.

• judy_oncorejudy_oncore Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

We changed domains and lost our ASR functionality. How can we get it back? I too participated in a webinar to learn more about Reconciliation Dashboard and would echo the comment of @ldouglas above. I would happily participate in a call with folks from Expensify to educate them on how we use ASR and why it is important to the rest of our accounting processes. We are a construction company that utilizes several levels of coding within Expensify and exports that coding into our accounting system for Job Cost Level accounting as many of our projects are billed to our clients on a Cost Plus Basis.

• judy_oncorejudy_oncore Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

In the midst of a very frustrating exchange with Expensify Concierge trying to figure out if I can get ASR functionality back. It feels as though your customer service reps are not truly listening to and responding to my questions. Instead they are providing boiler plate responses on how to use Reconciliation Dashboard and why it is so great. Direct quote: "With Domain Control and the new Credit Card Reconciliation Dashboard you are no longer reliant on reports to match traditional paper credit card statements exactly (which always creates big headaches for both users and admins alike!)."

To be clear, this is a much bigger headache than I ever had in five years of using your product with ASR. It isn't that I don't understand how to use RD, I just prefer to use ASR. In fact, I can see supplementing ASR with RD, but since we changed domains in the midst of this potential phase out, we didn't get grandfathered and lost our ability to use ASR, which is very disappointing.

I was a raving fan prior to this issue, now I feel frustrated and forced to look into other options.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 2,094 Expensify Success Coach

Hey @judy_oncore, I've sent you an email so we can discuss this further. Keep an eye out for it!

• samuelsamuel Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

We’ve added a new domain and would like the new domain to get ASR but it’s disabled for all new domains. If the idea to remove ASR is really on hold, then please re-enable (for us) it until such time we have a clear decision.