Connecting a personal credit card to Expensify

Options
Kateg
Kateg Expensify Customer Posts: 2
edited January 2019 in Day to Day

Hey -

Wondering if, when I link my credit card to Expensify, all purchases will automatically go into my account. I use a card for work and personal use, so not all charges need to be reimbursed. Would be really nice to link my credit card though.

Thanks,

Kate

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @kateg, thanks for posting! When you connect a credit card to Expensify all charges will import into your account. If you use Expensify for work but don't want your employer to see all of your expenses, you'll want to make sure you only add relevant business expenses to your reports.

Expenses in your account that are in the Unreported state (not on a report yet) or on a report tied to your Personal policy are only visible to you and Copilots you've added to your accounts.

Cheers!

• Kateg
    Kateg Expensify Customer Posts: 2
    Options

Hey Sheena -

Thanks for getting back to me! This sounds great.

Wondering if there's a way to have purchases automatically flow through, without them all becoming expensed? Like so that I don't have to manually click "Update".

Thanks,

Kate

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @Kateg - your imported credit card should automatically sync once a day and we will import any newly posted transactions since the last sync.

It's important to note that if you manually sync your card the system won't try to automatically sync again until the next day. Additionally, if there is a connection issue with your card, the system may not try to sync again until the next day.

You're always free to push a sync of the connection if you need, but the system should do it for you.