One Employee with Multiple Credit Cards

JenicaJenica Posts: 12 Expensify Newcomer

We have various employees that are in charge of multiple credit cards. In the past, we have been able to enable "statement reporting" in the domain and it helped to separate our reports based on month AND credit card.

With the new updates, that feature has been eliminated. This has caused a huge problem for my employees with multiple credit cards. How do you suggest to my employees that they separate transactions for each card on their app? (I recognize that you can filter by credit card on the "expenses" tab on the desktop version, but our employees most commonly use the app when adding receipts.)

Is there a way transactions can atomically be assigned to reports by month AND credit card WITHOUT turning on "scheduled submit". Scheduled submit creates a whole new sets of problems, because if transactions are submitted automatically on the 1st, the employees are almost never done fixing all of the violations right on the first. If we picked a later date to schedule submit, then the report would not be based on the statement period.

Is there a way to fix these problems? If not, please leave "statement reporting" as an option, because this has already created multiple problems within our company.

Answers

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 842 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @Jenica, have you checked out the new Company Card Reconciliation Dashboard yet?

With this tool you can reconcile the cards separately regardless of what report/s the transactions are on. This keeps life simple for your users, while keeping everything in one place for you.

Because the reports don't need to be based on statement period, I recommend you set Scheduled Submit for Monthly to submit on the 5th of the month. This way each time you go to reconcile with the statement, all expenses will be in and it gives the users time to fix the final expenses before submission.

Then when you go to do the monthly card rec, just set the parameters in the dashboard to match your statement and reconcile from there.

Here's a training webinar on how to manage company cards, which you may find useful:

• JenicaJenica Posts: 12 Expensify Newcomer

Thank you. I was able to watch the seminar and learn all of the features of the domain control. I have been able to partially solve my problem, but still facing an issue with the employees with multiple credit cards.

I decided to change the settings within my policies to have scheduled submit "enabled" but under the option of how often, I selected "manually". This has allowed expenses to be automatically assigned to reports yet still allows employees to submit the report when they desire instead of having it auto-submit before they are done. Therefore, expense are split into reports based on the time periods of when they submit them. At month's end, I am able to export the transactions I need through the reconciliation dashboard.

My remaining issue is for employees that are assigned multiple credit cards. When they are reconciling their reports within the app, my employees prefer to work on one card at a time. Currently, there is no way to know which transactions are coming from which card when working through the phone app. As an administrator, I have the ability to sort by card through the reconciliation dashboard which is great, but that does not help my employee at all to be able to separate her transactions based on credit card when using the app on her phone.

Is there a solution to this problem? If not, I would strongly request a feature to be added so that reports can be separated based on the statement period AND credit card how it used to through statement reporting.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,761 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @Jenica, thanks for circling back. Sadly the ability to use filters on the mobile app isn't supported yet, but it's definitely a feature on our roadmap. The filters to sort by card are available when using the web app, so I'd encourage your multi-card holder employees to login using their preferred web browser to handle expenses from their cards.

When filtering on the mobile app is released, we'll be sure to announce it in the Community. Until then, let us know if we can help with anything else.

Cheers!

• JenicaJenica Posts: 12 Expensify Newcomer

Thank you for responding. I look forward to the ability to filter expenses by card on the mobile app. Do you know if the feature to automatically assign transactions into reports based on card will return? If not, I would strongly request the feature to be returned as well. In our corporation, it is very common that one employee is in charge of reconciling cards from multiple departments and it would be much more reasonable to be able to look through the reports for each month instead of having to cycle back to the reconciliation dashboard and pull a report each time. Also, we have Directors that are "auditors" which allows them to review reports, but they do not have the ability to use the "reconciliation dashboard", which means they have to sort through expenses on the "expenses" tab, pull a report, and then gather totals from each category, while reports automatically total up each category.

I look forward to hearing a response in regards to these issues.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,761 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @Jenica, it's nice to hear from you. We do not have any plans to bring back Automatic Statement Reporting, but we do have plans to focus on admin functionality quite heavily in 2019.

I can't share any additional details but the frustrations you mentioned are all items we want to address. Making admin's jobs easier is a priority and I hope to share some good news soon.