Categories changed — how do I get the original list back?

Options
Rich_Kozlowski30
Rich_Kozlowski30 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
edited January 2019 in Day to Day

My categories recently changed - was this an expensify adjustment and if so, how can I go back to the original

Answers

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 359 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @Rich_Kozlowski30 - Expensify will never make changes to the Categories or Tags on your policy without your permission!

If these have updated, it may have been a sync from an accounting integration, another Policy Admin overwriting these categories, or you could simply have selected a different default policy with different Expense Categories.

There is no way to reset categories to a previous or default state currently in Expensify. The categories added when you begin a policy are a starting point. If you wish to overwrite these with the starting set of categories, you'll need to:

1. Create a new policy from the Settings > Policies page
    2. Navigate to Settings > Policies > [Policy Name] > Categories within the new policy
    3. Select "Export to CSV" to save the initial set of Categories to your computer
    4. Navigate back to your Settings > Policies page
    5. Delete the newly created Policy by selecting the trash can beside it
    6. Navigate to your preferred policy Settings > Policies > [Policy Name] > Categories page
    7. Click "Import from spreadsheet"
    8. Select the CSV file you just downloaded
    9. Upload this file to overwrite your current categories with the initial set.