All expenses are defaulting to reimbursable - how do I change this?

ChrisMinCTChrisMinCT Posts: 3
edited January 15 in Advanced Admin Controls

Why does the software create every expense as not reimbursable? This makes no sense to me. And its not shown visually anywhere. You even have to click on "More" to see it when you are manually doing an entry. But every receipt I scan gets put in as not reimbursable. Very annoying.

Best Answer

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 842 Expensify Success Coach
    Accepted Answer

Hi @ChrisMinCT Welcome to the Expensify Community!

This is a completely customisable setting, which has been set up by your organisation on what is called the 'Policy'.

The company policy you are a member of has the Reimbursable settings set to 'Non-reimbursable by default'. I recommend you reach out to your Policy admin to discuss this setting.

You may find it more useful to wait until the end of the week and do them in bulk from the Expenses page on the Expensify web app, rather than doing them piecemeal on the go.

You can select all then hit 'edit multiple' and set them all to Reimbursable.

I still recommend you SmartScan as you get your receipts, but then do as much as you can in bulk - just set a 5 min appointment in your calendar for a Friday afternoon and then you can deal with everything in bulk before the automatic submission on the weekend.

Answers