Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!
Allow marking receipts as "reviewed", list view will include that column (or status)
Allow setting a flag/tag/indicator/checkmark – whatever you want to call it – that will allow a user to know “at-a-glance”, from mobile or desktop, that an expense is ready to submit.
Here’s a typical workflow:
- Scan or email a stack of receipts
- Once scanning is complete (on most of them, review receipt, verify amount/currency/merchant name, add tag/description/category, etc.
- Mark receipt as “verified” or “ready” (NOT POSSIBLE TODAY)
- Get only part way through the receipts you uploaded, because you got called away, or because the scanning process isn’t done.
- Go back to your expenses later, and continue where you left off…
Only – you have no idea where you left off!! At least, not on mobile.
And, in the meantime, you uploaded even more receipts. So it's even harder to know which you've already reviewed.
On desktop, today, I can kind of see – oh – these few are missing tags – those have no category, and this one needs a Description. But that is hit/miss at best.
I can’t even see that a new receipt completed smartscan – it just sneakily drops into date order, and the only way I know this is a newly scanned receipt is to notice (on desktop) that it has no desc/tag/category. On mobile I have absolutly no way to know if I've reviewed receipt or not.
Reviewing is critical – amounts are occasionally wrong, currencies are occasionally wrong, etc..
This is a natural and common workflow.
Allowing a simple checkmark would reduce errors and resubmissions.
Thanks for listening.
I also thank the community in advance for any cool workarounds that might already be in place.