Quickbooks Online and Business Validation Error

I have been trying to export reports 38858276, 39076391 & 39098170 to Quickbooks Online for a few days and get this message every time "A business validation error has occurred while processing your request".
I have checked the currency and email address and everything is a match.

Answers

• Karisa CaudillKarisa Caudill Posts: 62 Expensify Success Coach

Hey @Cathy60 !

A "business validation" error means that the corresponding request didn't conform to QuickBooks' internal constraints. For example, it can mean that a required field wasn't specified, or was specified but incorrectly. This message corresponds to an error with an expense category, or group of different errors, returned to Expensify by QuickBooks Online.

We're going to need to dig into all the posting accounts, categories, tags, and employees/vendors assocaited with these reports to try to narrow this down. Can you please reach out to [email protected]? The Community is public and not the best place for fine details like this.

I look forward to finding your [email protected] thread!

• After numerous hours of research, frustration & lack of direct support I figured out the expense account in QBO must be 'billable' if an expense in Expensify is coded as 'billable', and one was not.
    Initial generic response from Expensify was to check that currency & email matched, which it did.
    I'd reached out everyone/everywhere [email protected], FB, etc to try and solve the error.
    Would have been great to see the error message reflect the actual problem, as it does in some cases. Would have been even greater to not have spent 3 days trying to figure it out and get a real human to help on the 4th day.
    All is good now.