How do I cancel my account

Best Answers

• Ben FitzBen Fitz Posts: 70 Expensify Success Coach
    Accepted Answer

Hey @bobk51990_! Welcome — it's sad to see you go so soon!

If you'd like to delete your Expensify account entirely, you can do so from the Expensify website. Keep in mind, your expenses and reports will also be deleted and you will no longer have access to them. Head to Settings > Your Account > Account Details > Delete Account to complete this. For more information, check out our Help Docs.

Let me know if you need any further help!

• Ben FitzBen Fitz Posts: 70 Expensify Success Coach
    Accepted Answer

Absolutely! You can downgrade the account to free by logging into your web account and following Settings > Policies > Group. Once there, click the settings cog next to any policies you own, and then click "Delete." By removing the policy, the account will be downgraded to a free account and will end your subscription to Expensify. Your reports and expense data will remain in your account, and you'll still have access to 5 SmartScans each month.

To ensure you remain on the free plan, be sure to click Track (without unlimited SmartScans) when prompted with the options Track, Submit, Collect, or Control options in the Inbox after you downgrade!

Answers

• I want to keep expensify with the up to 5 free receipts per month. I have changed jobs and don't need the volume anymore. I need to keep my records for the year as I have had a lot of expenses. Can this be done?

• I don't want to delete my account entirely, but I don't want to be charged for the $5/month. When I follow the instructions from Ben Fitz, I get the following error message:

Switching to Pay-per-use will change your monthly charge from $5/active user to $10/active user. Are you sure you want to cancel?
    Since your Annual Subscription is billed at a lower $5/user monthly rate, terminating your subscription early will result in a rate adjustment of $15, charged immediately to your card on file.

Bottom line: I don't want to pay for my account anymore - I will be using another tool to keep track of expenses, but I need access to my historical information for tax and audit purposes.

Thanks!

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 981 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @ASUAlumna it may seem alarming, but yet that's correct.

If you switch from a 12-month subscription before the 12 months is up, we just bill you as if you never set it up and had been on pay-per-use the whole time. So we do a calculation of the difference and bill you the balance immediately.

Then, if you delete (or don't use) your Policy, you won't be billed anything. Just make sure that you turn off any automation that might trigger billing. (Uber app integration is a big one here)