QuickBooks Desktop: sync reimburse payments made by Expensify

RMAcctRMAcct Posts: 5 Expensify Newcomer

Expensify reimburses our employees for their reports, but this information is not getting into QuickBooks. In QuickBooks there is the bill for each person (per configuration), but not the bill payment made by Expensify. What am I missing?

Answers

• Ben FitzBen Fitz Posts: 70 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @RMAcct! Welcome to the Expensify Community :blush:

Unfortunately, automatic syncing of reimbursed reports is online available with QuickBooks Online.

You will have to manually complete this process — apologies for any inconvenience!

• RMAcctRMAcct Posts: 5 Expensify Newcomer

That is surprising. Is it on the road map? Are there any best practices for how to batch and so forth?

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 2,113 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @RMAcct, sadly we're stuck behind a pretty limited API so while it's on our radar, it's not on our roadmap until certain blockers are removed.

Regarding batching, I've reached out to my team to see if anyone has best practices to share and I'll follow up with you when I have more information to share. I can tell you that the customers I've worked with tend to set aside a specific day of the week to export reports to QBD and most often they will apply filters to their Reports page to isolate the reports needing export. Once the reports are isolated and selected (check the box to the left of each one or select all) you can export in bulk to QBD using the Export to dropdown at the top of the Reports page.

Cheers!