Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!

List Names from Attendee Field on Report

jan_o
jan_o Expensify Customer Posts: 16 Expensify Newcomer

Currently, when a name or names are entered in the "Attendee" field when adding an expense, only their little icon shows as an attendee on the main report page. It would be valuable to have their names listed instead for audit purposes. An auditor won't know what person(s) the little icon represents, they want names (without having to drill down into the report to see them).

4 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 335 Expensify Team

Hi there @jan_o, thanks for adding this idea and upvoting it yourself! (People often forget to do that bit!)

Would you mind elaborating on how exactly you're using Expensify. Currently, the team doesn't really optimise towards adding information to the printed PDF of each report, given that:

• The Attendee's can be exported with the line items to accounting systems and custom export templates
    • The Attendee's are visible to all Policy Auditors by hovering over their icons or clicking into the expense

For expenses with attendee's in the tens or more, listing the names would certainly make the report very long!

• jan_o
    jan_o Expensify Customer Posts: 16 Expensify Newcomer

Thank you for the information, I didn't see before that hovering over the icon on the report showed the names, that's very helpful! I'll also let our finance dept know that the names can be exported to management reports.

• JBHGEQ
    JBHGEQ Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer

I have this same issue, and it basically is the last hurdle before we'd roll out Expensify to our entire organization.

Not only do we want to track attendees by company, but also for individual attendees. If we're taking particular customers to lunches or dinners or events, we'd look at conversion rates and decision makers. We also need to track names just for auditing purposes, confirmation/justification of expenses, etc.

Right now, if I submit the PDF report, I also have to submit a separate XL spreadsheet which includes the attendee names. But I can't submit the spreadsheet by itself either, because it doesn't have the physical receipts (or images) like the PDF.

Seems odd that the PDF is able to track avatars, and the names are added to the expense, and the names can be exported via CSV, but they can't be listed on the PDF. I understand someone could have 10 or more attendees, and that could get crowded, but maybe make it an option. Either way, I can't submit the PDF report because it doesn't include the names.

While we're at it, the CSV export is not all that useful either in this regard. All the names are just listed in one cell as text. I can do a "text to columns" conversion, but there is also a space between the names, not just a comma delimiter, so if you try to filter, you get duplicate results depending on whether someone is listed first (without a space) or second/third/etc (with a space after the comma). Would be great if each attendee could be exported in separate cells, or at least have the space removed after the delimiter.

Again, this is really the only thing barring us from adoption.