Update: MasterCard has successfully resolved the issue with their commercial card systems. We're awaiting file deliveries now. For more information, please visit our status page.

Going to SuiteWorld in Las Vegas April 1-4? So are we! While you're there, you can stop by the Expensify booth in the Expo hall to chat about how the current features work, any questions you may have, or discuss what's next for this integration. We look forward to seeing you there!

Currency Conversion

On the expense reports there is a conversion of currency. For us it is AUD to CDN. However, I don't want or need it to convert the currency. How do I turn that off on the report?
I just want to see the AUD cause that this where the expense is. Not in Canada. Thanks for any help!
Expensify Newbee!

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,655 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @MuddyRiv, great question! What you'll want to do here is make sure the currency set at the policy level is the currency you want your reports to be in when they are finalized.

For example, let's pretend I have a policy set up and the currency for the policy is set to CDN. If I enter an expense in AUD and put it on a report tied to the policy, the policy settings tell the report that all the expenses should be in CDN in the end, so a currency conversion happens.

The settings for policy currency can be found by navigating to your Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > Reports tab.

I see that you've already changed the policy currency to reflect AUD, so really good job there. Now, you probably are wondering how to update the AUD currency on the reports that previously converted to CDN. The short story is the CDN currency is baked into those reports and the change in policy currency is not retroactive.

This means that your employee want to create new reports for the converted expenses and move the expenses to the new report. They can move in bulk from the Expenses page by selecting multiple expenses and then Add to Report > New Report option. Or, they can change the report at the expense item-level as well.

Let me know if you or the employee runs into any questions and I'll be happy to help further.