Reimbursement Button

Typically when I log into Expensify I pull all Approved reports and manually reimburse outside of Expensify. There is normally a button in the top left that says "Reimburse" and I click it and select "Manually Reimburse". It changes the report to a "Reimbursed" status and I go onto the next, but this morning that Reimburse button is not there. I have to Take Control now to get the Reimburse button to appear. Why did this change and how can I fix it? I prefer not to Take Control if I don't have to.

Best Answer

Answers

• IsabelaStisserIsabelaStisser Posts: 225 Expensify Success Coach
    edited January 18

Hi @Heidi, thanks for posting to the Community! We had an issue in Expensify yesterday when users were not able to find the reimbursement button in their accounts. The issue is now fixed and you should be able to locate it!

I checked your account and Reports page and see a few reports listed as Processing, I checked some of them and see that you only have the ability to Take Control of them, which usually indicates that another approver is in control of the report and reimbursement. If you're looking into reports that other users are in control of, not seeing the reimburse button is actually expected behavior.

If there are specific reports that you're missing the button and would like me to take a look at, please share the report IDs here with me and I will be able to investigate this further. Thanks!

• HeidiHeidi Posts: 3

I'm looking only at Approved reports. The function worked just fine on the 16th but today all the Approved reports do not have the Reimbursement button. Here is one to investigate further: 40152519

• IsabelaStisserIsabelaStisser Posts: 225 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @Heidi, thanks for sharing the information! I checked the report ID in question and see that you're currently not in control of the report, therefore you're not able ti mark it as reimbursed.

You can take control of the report and mark if as reimbursed or please have the user in control do that:

• HeidiHeidi Posts: 3

Then this has changed in the last 48 hours because I've never had to take control in order to mark a report as reimbursed. I reimbursed the following report 39829852 and did not have to take control on the 16th of January.

• Karisa CaudillKarisa Caudill Posts: 75 Expensify Success Coach

You're right! We have identified the bug and will update you as soon as we have this fixed. However, this workaround will keep you functional until that fix is live. I'm so sorry for any inconvenience here.