How to link my ExpensifyApproved accountant so he can view our policy

bashomoskobashomosko Posts: 20 Expensify Newcomer

Hey team,

Thanks in advance for the support. Our organization set up expensify independently of our accountant but later found out that he was already ExpensifyApproved. I can see how to add him as a Domain Admin but currently he is unable to view our policy or review our team's expense reports. From the documentation I read it seems as though one of the benefits of him being ExpensifyApproved is that he can be a member of our policy and support us with reports and approvals without us being charged for his seat, but I'm not sure how to proceed. Am I to send him an invitation to our policy using his company email address (different than ours)?

If not, can you help me to understand the intended relationship between our two types of accounts? If there is clear documentation for this that I have just missed I'm open to links too as I wasn't able to track it down.

Thank you!

Basho

Best Answer

• Ted PeetersTed Peeters Posts: 261 Expensify Success Coach
    Accepted Answer

Hi @bashomosko, you're correct. The only way to directly invite them to the Policy is via the Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > People > Policy Members table, using the Invite User links.

As many users as you like can be listed in this table. As long as they're not active during the month, they won't be included in your billing.

"Activity" itself only includes any actions taken on a report, on the policy for which you are the Policy Billing Owner. So essentially, any time a user:

• SmartScan's a transaction placed on a report
    • Manually adds an expense to a report
    • Updates the coding on any expense on a report
    • Submits a report
    • Retracts/Rejects/Shares/Deletes/Comments on a report
    • Approves or Reimburses a report
    • Amends the Report Fields or Policy on a report
    • Changes the title of a report

etc...

Basically, if they take an action on a report which is currently linked to a policy you're the billing owner for, they'll be classed as active for the month. If not, they won't!

Note: This "activity" includes actions Concierge does on their behalf. So if they don't log-in to Expensify during a month, but Concierge adds some imported transactions to a report on their behalf during the month, they will be classed as active.

Answers