Expensify This isnt working for me

I followed all the guidelines for entering the contest but still not able to proceed. I watched the video in 1080p and took pictures of the receipts which I uploaded onto empower using the smart scan. I have tried numerous times but still get the same error message saying smart scan failed. I sent an email to your department but they were not helpful at all, which was disappointing.

Answers

• Vanessa RintalaVanessa Rintala Posts: 42 Expensify Success Coach

Hey @AJ19, I'm really sorry about that! When a prize is scanned successfully, the prize information should populate immediately, and prompt you to enter to win. Are you getting in really close to the screen to capture the receipt images? We have some great tips here for getting the perfect shot.

Making sure that your mobile app is updated to the most recent version is pretty important as well. Can you give this another shot and let me know if you're still seeing that error message? Thanks very much!

• AJ19AJ19 Posts: 3

I have done everything as listed and am using an iPhone X which has a high quality camera. Nothing has changed

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 818 Expensify Success Coach

Hey @AJ19 , how bizarre. I'm on the old iPhone 7 and it's scanning without me trying very hard at all.

How about uninstall/reinstall - the 2010s version of...

• AJ19AJ19 Posts: 3

I have been using the most updated version of Expensify so I’m not sure what 2010 version you are referring to. I even deleted the app and reinstalled it but no change. I’m not sure if posting that GIF was your attempt to be funny but I did not find it as such. I found that to be very rude and condescending. That is not a professional way to address a customer. I also attached a picture I took from my phone which shows that the picture is not the issue.

• Ted PeetersTed Peeters Posts: 227 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @AJ19 - apologies for that, we definitely never meant to seem rude and were genuinely hoping that the reinstall would help here.

As you are on iOS, would you mind getting a screen recording of where SmartScan is failing on your device? iOS has a great native screen recording function. Check this link for how to do that and upload it, or a link to it here so the team and community can figure out what might be happening for your device.