corporate card settings are just NOT working like I want it to

Jessica McRyanJessica McRyan Posts: 7Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer
edited August 2017 in Advanced Admin Controls

I have our domain / corporate credit card settings set such that expense reports are "auto generated" at the end of each month. Unfortunately, this isn't working correctly at all. I have many reports auto-generated for the month of July, the vast majority of which are for $0. Similarly, one of my employees who is very good about uploading receipts every time he gets one, and I have been getting reports for his receipts the same night.

Can someone please help me understand why this is happening, and tell me how to adjust our setting such that the reports are properly automatically generated ONCE per month, at the end of the month, for both personal and corporate card expenses?

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,916Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

From what you're describing, it sounds like your team is using Automatic Statement Reporting and Scheduled Submit set to a daily frequency at the same time.

If both are enabled, this means is that company card expenses are importing and being placed onto the statement report we create. However the issues comes from the combined use of scheduled submit and statement reporting, because uploaded receipts are first captured by scheduled submit and placed on the automatic report if the matching company card expense hasn't already imported.

If your scheduled submit frequency is set to daily, receipts are being submitted before they have a chance to merge with the matching company card expense.

It is always a good idea to first check your policy settings > Reports section to see if it is enabled at the policy level. If Scheduled Submit is disabled, then the employees experiencing the $0 reports should also look to see if they have it enabled at the personal level.

When checking on the scheduled submit settings, I'd recommend setting the frequency to monthly if you haven't already. This should allow plenty of time for receipts to match with the correct personal card or company card expenses and help reduce any empty $0 reports.

• TommyGTommyG Posts: 2Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer
    edited August 2017

I love Expensify, however this problem has gotten much worse with the new auto submit to Xero. What's happening is that every time our employees travel we get a new small report submitted, when what we really want is a single monthly "large" Amex. We have our company domain control set up to submit once a month on the statement closing date.