multi level tags

HayleyHayley Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

I must say at 54 yrs old and being a CPA I've worked with alot of software. However, I've never found anything more frustrating than trying to use the tags. I have 2 tags and changed them to not required. Now, one of them doesn't show up at all. Does anyone know why this gem of a field would do this?

Best Answer

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,603 Expensify Success Coach
    Accepted Answer

Hi @Hayley, thanks for posting. I took a look at your setup and can see you have multi-level tagging set up. Both levels of tags are currently required, which means not having both tags will populate a violation on the expense for the employee. In both tag levels, all tags are required.

If you can let me know a bit more about what you'd like to test, I can help you with finding a setup that fits your needs.

Cheers!

Answers

• HayleyHayley Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

Thank you for the answer. I did turn both of them to "Not-required". The Credit Card Tag no longer was showing up on the phone app or on my desktop. I shut down Expensify and got back in it, still the same. Then I turned them back to "Required", I still couldn't see them. This morning, as a "Required" entry, Credit Card & Vehicle Number tags are both there. ??? This has happened to me before, where I couldn't get something to work like it's supposed to, then the next day it did. That's ok if you know it needs time to "belch" overnight, but I can't tell if i've done something wrong. I'm in the process of trying to simplify data entry, I'll ask another question if I get stumped again. As of now, it works no more testing on this issue required. Thanks again!

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Posts: 186 Expensify Success Coach

Can you take a look in your app account settings and make sure that the Credit Card Policy is set as your default policy? The default policy is what determines which tags are available on your expenses.