In the Mobile App How Does an Employee Know an Expense Has Been Rejected

acaso
acaso Expensify Customer Posts: 10 Expensify Newcomer

In the mobile application, how can an employee tell that an expense was rejected and why/what is needed before resubmitting? When I look in the app at an expense that the approver rejected, it only appears as Open and I can't see anywhere how I would see that it was rejected or why.

Best Answer

Answers

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 359 Expensify Team

Hi there @acaso - the rejection reason will always show on the expense within the app as shown below:

• acaso

Thanks for your response. I believe the message you show in this screen shot is due to a policy violation. Yes, I do see that they show up on the expense in the mobile app. However, what I'm asking is how I can see that an expense was rejected by the approver and why. Attached is a screen shot from the mobile app of one such test expense. It does show a violation that it is over 7 days old, but it doesn't indicate the approver rejected it and why (it wasn't because it was over 7 days old. In the web browser version (second screen snip) I can see in the history that it was rejected and that the approver indicated "provide names of guys" and I can't see this in the mobile app.

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 359 Expensify Team

Hi @acaso - that certainly shouldn't be the case on the latest version of the mobile app. Apologies for leaving a violation in my previous screenshot which might have caused confusion, but you will see the exact rejection reason in there as well:

This is how it will appear in the mobile app.

• acaso

Thank you for your patience Ted. I created a new expense and had the approver reject it (one that wasn't over 7 days old) and I went into that expense on the mobile app and saw a very small red dot and when I tapped it, the rejected messages started appearing at the top of the expense entry page when I tapped into them.

A follow-up question on this: If there is more than one violation (for example the expense for the $25 ice cream in my initial screen shots), should it show both violations so that I would see the approver's reason for rejection. On that $25 expense, I only see the expense over 7 days old violation and don't see the approver's rejection note of "need names of people this was for" - I can only see that note in the browser version in the history of the expense.

Thanks again for all your help and patience.

• acaso

sorry Ted, I hit post too soon. I wanted to point out that from your screen shot, it looks like you have exactly that example shown. Where there was a violation and an approver rejected it with a comment. Is there somewhere I need to check a setting to make this work properly?

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

@acaso, can you confirm if the expense that was rejected was your own? I have been testing the behavior and haven't been able to recreate what you're seeing. Instead, I see the violation and the comment about why it was rejected.

• acaso

Yes, it is my own. I am actually the only person submitting expenses as of today, I can see it in the app and can see the one violation, but can't see the comment the approver added when they rejected it.

I tried adding another receipt that was more than 7 days old, submitted it and had the approver reject it with a comment. Again, I can only see the one violation, that it is more than 7 days old. I have attached what this looks like in the browser.

In the app I only see the Violation that it is more than 7 days old.

I submitted a current expense and had the approver reject it with a comment and on that one I can see the approver's comment.

I'm stumped at this point.

Thanks for your help.

• Nicole Trepanier
    Nicole Trepanier Expensify Team Posts: 498 Expensify Team

Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing in the app when you view the expense?

• acaso

Here is the screenshot for the above vista parking expense:

I'm going to have another user run through this scenario today also, but it won't be until later today.