Why can't you folks provide support when you screw up billing?

HeadRatTXHeadRatTX Posts: 3Expensify Customer

I have tried to reach out to Expensify several ways but cannot get anyone to reply. Y'all need to quit making stupid Super Bowl ads and focus that investment on providing customer service. Now please refund my $9.96.

Answers

• Ted PeetersTed Peeters Posts: 268Expensify Customer, Expensify Success Coach Expensify Success Coach

Hi there @HeadRatTX! Looks like our team has managed to get back to you and resolve your issue on the latest thread you raised, but possibly your initial contact slipped through or we're not searching in the right place for it! Are you able to respond in our ongoing thread with any other emails or accounts your previous contact might have come from?

If we need to follow up with any team members about support, we'll need your help to identify them so that we can carry on providing the best support possible.

• HeadRatTXHeadRatTX Posts: 3Expensify Customer

Ted, my issue has not been resolved as the refund of $5.33 has not appeared in my bank account. Yes, I have responded to emails and had responses from a couple of people. What I feel is y'all need to do is respond to my request to call me to resolve this but your company chooses to hide behind email and chat.

Please forward my incident to Mr. Barrett who really needs to be aware of his company's poor customer service by hearing directly from customers. I certainly will be making Atos Travel & Expense people aware.

• Ted PeetersTed Peeters Posts: 268Expensify Customer, Expensify Success Coach Expensify Success Coach

Right now @HeadRatTX, a credit has been applied to your account to be used against future billing. You'll find this clearly shown within your Settings > Your Account > Billing > Credits Balance settings.

The next $2.30 credit will be shown here next month as well.

Our support definitely doesn't feel the need to hide behind email and chat, it's simply that we firmly believe this is the best way to give optimum support to all our users and is something that's backed by all from our CEO down to myself! You can read more about this here.

• HeadRatTXHeadRatTX Posts: 3Expensify Customer

So your policy and your systems are setup to collect the full amount up front and then refund it in pieces later? All of this because Expensify screwed up. Let me ask would that be acceptable to you personally?

If you understand all the facts around this then you would realize that the only way I could resolve this was to pay ahead on Monday. Expensify offered me the original credit so in my mind you would have the proper processes and systems in place to handle it.

$5.33 may sound like small things to you but I have found in my 35 years of IT Operations Management and Customer Management that when your customers know you take care of the small things the big things aren't so big.

Apologies for that trouble there then @HeadRatTX, I was under the impression that this is what was agreed upon in your thread.

If not, please don't worry, we'll get it sorted out for you. I'm aware my colleague Conor is currently looking into this for you and will reach out later on this.