Can I easily find all expenses that have no receipt attached?

Options
glglasser
glglasser Expensify Customer Posts: 37 Expensify Admirer

How can I search for expenses that have no receipt attached?

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @glglasser, unfortunately it's not a simple one-click filter. You can filter for card feed expenses and eyeball those with no receipt image, or ditto for 'Cash/Other' in the card number dropdown.

The quickest way to really audit your expenses for missing receipts is to set up a https://docs.expensify.com/setup-for-admins-and-accountants/using-your-policies/export-custom-reportscustom CSV export and make sure Receipt URL is included. If you select a couple of expenses and hit 'export to' you'll get an option to create an export template:

I'd keep this super simple with just a few fields like Merchant, Date, Amount and Receipt URL. Likely all the fields you need will be in the default fields and you can simply remove the ones you don't want.

When you export to your CSV you can then filter for those where the receipt URL is blank. This will make it faster to find them in Expensify and check whether there's an unmerged cash receipt or simply no receipt.