Credit Card Charges Not Coming Across

aggiejamesaggiejames Posts: 3Expensify Customer
edited March 2019 in Integrations and API

I am at the end of the rope and not sure what to do here. We are a small business with about 20 users. We recently switched to a new bank and they were not setup in Expensify. The bank claims that they have done everything on their end and are sending charge data for each card over to Expensify.

In Expensify we can only see a few cards charges but the others aren't working at all. The bank swears everything is fine on their end, and Asana support just keeps saying it isn't their fault through concierge.

As you could imagine, the boss is not happy and has me now investigating switching vendors for expense reports. This is not a situation I want to be in but I don't know what other options I have. The bank is willing to meet with Expensify techs but I can't get Expensify to acknowledge this is a problem. We've been at this for 45 days.

So my question is what would you all suggest I do in this situation to bring the two orgs to the table together?

Answers

• Karisa_LattaKarisa_Latta Posts: 133Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Expensify Team

Hey @aggiejames !

I'm so sorry for this headache. I don't really like to discuss card feed data in a public forum, so I'm going to try to answer you in basic terms in an attempt to protect your company financial privacy.

I was able to pull up your account information and thus the card feed information. I can confirm I only see tiny amounts of total expenses on the feed file information from the bank currently. So there is definitely something going wrong with the feed communication. I see some large gaps in the feed file date ranges from the bank. Here is a list of feed file receipt dates:

Feb 1, 2019
    Feb 12, 2019
    Feb 15, 2019
    Feb 19, 2019
    Feb 20, 2019
    Feb 21, 2019
    Feb 22, 2019
    Feb 26, 2019
    Feb 28, 2019
    Feb 28, 2019
    Mar 1, 2019

This could be the reason for all the missing data. Can you please ask the bank to resend all feed file data again, from the feed start date to now? Our system will automatically block any duplicated data so it won't be harmful to do this.

Once they send that file to Expensify, please navigate to Settings > Domain Control > [Domain Name] > Company Cards and click the Update All Cards button found just above the card list settings cogs. This should pull in that fresh, full, new feed file and populate your expenses. You can confirm by running the Reconciliation Dashboard at the top of the Card List and checking if the balances match your last statement or current balance.

If this fails to populate your missing expenses, please let me know here and I (or my colleagues) will reach out to you directly through our support conversation platform, Intercom. We will need to compare nitty gritty feed file data contents with your bank rep at that time. I hope we don't have to go that far, though!

Please let me know how it goes.

• aggiejamesaggiejames Posts: 3Expensify Customer

Karisa,

Thank you for the response.

I took this to my business office and they claim they have already pursued this.

I asked them to walk me through the steps for a specific card ending in 1805. Here is what I saw.

1) We confirmed 1805 has activity on the bank side. There is constant activity in February for a total of about $500 or so. There should be data.

2) In the company cards portal the card 1805 does not appear in the dropdown list. According to my business admin he was told by Expensify support to manually add it. He claims there are 5 cards that he did not manually add and all of those work as intended. (I don't know if there is a red flag here)

3) After manually entering the 1805 card it does appear to work and will update when he clicks update cards. The other 15+ cards also say they update.

4) After updating no charges appear on those cards. All of them have data on them (some just a $1.00 test). The only cards that show charges are the original 5 that appear in the dropdown from #2.

5) Reconciliation Dashboard does not show the charges or the cards

I am hoping we're on to something that might produce a solution here.

Thank for the support. I hope we can resolve this.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 2,106Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team

Hi @aggiejames, thanks for this info! I see you have a thread ongoing with my team already where we've requested the statement showing the missing expenses. Please send the statement back on that thread and continue working with us there so we can have context about the issue in a single location.

Cheers!

• aggiejamesaggiejames Posts: 3Expensify Customer

Sheena,

I only have one thread so I have no idea what you mean. No one has requested a statement from me and I’m not comfortable posting a statement on a public forum.

If you mean that someone from your team is working with someone from my org, please either post that info so I can see it or disregard. The person who was working with you will not be involved in troubleshooting this any further. He’s spent several hours emailing back and forth with no solution in sight.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 2,106Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team
    edited March 2019

@aggiejames Be on the lookout for an email from our team and we can continue working together.