Two policies for cash and company cards, and with different submission frequencies

Options
CPAFirm_Wallace
CPAFirm_Wallace Expensify Customer Posts: 16 Expensify Admirer

I am considering the idea of setting up two policies for A client

• one that is for reimbursable expenses - which would be submitted on a bi-weekly basis
  • and one for company card expenses - which would automatically submit weekly.

Can you confirm:

- If we did this, would everyone's primary policy be the reimbursable expenses?

- It was mentioned we could set this up so that team members wouldn't be editing the company card expenses. If we did so, they would still have the ability to categorize and make/download their own expense reports that included company expenses, correct? Their limitation would just be in changing amounts and deleted expenses. Is that correct?

Best Answer

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @CPAFirm_Wallace,

Personally I stay away from separating expenses across different policies unless it's unavoidable. It makes life really difficult for users, and it means you can't use automation well. And there is really no need for it.

When you connect your client's policy to their accounting integration, the reimbursables and non-reimbursables have completely different settings.

You can get transparency across company cards via the Company Card Reconciliation Dashboard in Domain Control at any frequency you need, without users needing to submit their reports.

Yes, you can set these up with Corporate Liability which means users can't edit amounts or delete expenses, but they can still code and report them.

If you set one Policy, with Scheduled Submit set to bi-weekly, I think this would be the best approach here.

Feel free to come back to me if you have any queries about this approach.