If I activate my Domain, how are users added, who gets billed

Options
AndyHaas
AndyHaas Expensify Customer Posts: 1

If I connect my account to a Domain does it automatically import users from my Windows Domain Controller, it does not seem that it could? Am I simply limited to adding users with my domain in their email? If I add a Domain User are they a billable account (i.e. $9 a month)? We have 120 email accounts and only about 45 will need to use Expencify. The DOCS are vague.

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @AndyHaas, Domain Control simply adds a layer of control based on any email address on the validated domain.

Expensify bills for active users on your paid Policy, so you can add as many domain members as you want without inviting them to a Policy. Even if you do invite them to a Policy and they don't use it, they will not count towards your 'active users'.

And finally, if you have 120 email accounts, but only 45 will need to use Expensify, just invite those 45 to the domain. You don't need to add everyone unless they are going to use Expensify.

Let me know if I can help with anything further!