Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status
We’re no longer accepting new participants as our focus is on reimbursing existing claims. While we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep reimbursements moving forward. If you know anyone who can donate to this campaign please encourage them to enable Personal or Corporate Karma on their Expensify account.

We're currently experiencing issues with our American Express and Capital One connections. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Customized Invoices

Zach82Zach82 Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

The invoice is extremely restricted to any customization. I love the lay out of the expense report. But most of the time my clients don't need to see all my expenses that I track. If I could hide expenses on a report then that would solve my problem. I would just send my client an expense report with the items they need to see. Since thats not the case in the service. I would like to see more changes on customization of the invoices. I would like the ability to move line items in the order I choose. I need the notes that I write in the expense report to transfer over to the invoice when I re-bill expenses.. My clients do not need to see the report I.D. in the top left, the report policy in the right, and violations text at the bottom of the report. This just cause confusion for them.

1 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• HeatherHeather Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I agree that customization of invoices would be really nice. Being able to eliminate our clients from seeing the report ID, report policy, how much was reimbursable to our employees vs. what was charged to the company credit card, etc would be nice. Currently for my really detail oriented clients, I export to a pdf and then edit the invoice in Adobe before sending to some of our clients.

• Zach82Zach82 Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

See thats my biggest problem. We should not have to pay for a service and then try and figure out a work around to the job done. I'd be curious to know how long it takes you to do your edits in Adobe before you send it off. Then add up that time at the end of the week or month. I'm sure the time we spend editing or creating our own work arounds. Would amount to the same time it used to take to make an expense and invoice report in excel or word. It would be great to be able to edit right in Expensify. Then send the invoice off with out any hassle. The client gets a very clean report with any details they need, and minus all the stuff the don't need.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,316 Expensify Team

Hi @Zach82 and @Heather - I just wanted to swing in with some updates for you regarding our Invoice feature.

This feature has gotten a little more robust and more changes are coming. We've added:

• Purchase order field,
    • The ability to send and receive payments via Invoice,
    • Support to export invoices to NetSuite,
    • And a few other little tweaks.

Keep your eyes open on our Product Updates feed as more changes to invoicing are coming!