Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status (updated April 3, 2020) 

The number of families signing up for reimbursement has vastly outnumbered the limited funds available. Though we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep our fund moving forward. Rest assured, we’ll review every report that’s submitted per our instructions. 

Thanks for your patience! 

Is there a work-around to create a report with an imported file?

ProvenCateProvenCate Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

I pay our AmEx's in full as stand alone payments each month. I need to import the monthly files (separately, and I have done that) and have those files be my expense reports to add the appropriate receipts to (apparently impossible at the moment). Has anyone found a work around?

I do not want to link the AmEx and have expenses hit in real time and then have to go back and try to balance by date. It seems that we should be able to import the files, have the ability for that import to create a separate report, and then have the appropriate receipts flow directly to their corresponding reports...

Answers

• tylerzolltylerzoll Approved! Accountant Posts: 436 Expensify Champion

@ProvenCate, Could you possibly explain what your concerns are about having expenses come in real time? There is a really nice reconciliation page in Expensify that automatically balances it for you regardless of the statement close date.

By having the expenses come in automatically it automates the process.

• ProvenCateProvenCate Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer
    edited March 2019

@tylerzoll The problem is in the balancing and how I assume Expensify is going to "reconcile" the statement...there is not a way to automate the splits I need to make within the expenses so there is a lot of hand work involved (i.e - an uber receipt could get split by up to 15 entities and it may not necessarily get coded to ground transportation); plus, when I upload a file it is exactly what I am looking for, negating any discrepancy in dates and the time to find those discrepancies. I believe, for my purposes, the Reconciliation Dashboard would be useless, but in the interest of proving myself wrong, I'm going to try.

Sadly, I have found that uploading the reports and creating a file from them, and then adding receipts to those files, just duplicates the receipts, and then I have to merge everything.

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 797 Expensify Team

@ProvenCate The problem with using the CSV method to import your expenses monthly is that receipts you've uploaded only have a seven day merging period. You would need to upload your spreadsheets weekly in order to successfully merge them and prevent duplicates. This is why we find that connecting your company card and using reconciliation works best.

I definitely understand that having to go in and find the expenses then manually split them is more work than splitting them on a spreadsheet but with the reconciliation dashboard, it pretty easy to find your expenses and edit them.

I recommend checking out our live Company Card Webinar to really get to know the ins and outs of how our Company Card feature works.