We are currently investigating issues wherein SAML logins are failing in certain cases on both mobile and web. Please visit our status page to subscribe to updates.

Will there be more API support for features such as attaching receipts?

It seems like the Integration API is lacking functions to attach receipts to expenses, or submitting reports, which would help me in automating my expenses. Are there plans to support this in the future?

Alternatively, is the old Web Services API[1] still supported? It looks like that page has some of the methods I need, but there doesn't seem to be a way to authenticate using SAML (my company uses OneLogin as our identity provider).

Best Answer

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,726 Expensify Success Coach
    Accepted Answer

Hi @eshyong, thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. At this time there isn't anything on our near or mid-term roadmap for enhancing the API. This is mainly due to lack of demand for improving the API. Because of this I definitely recommend adding your feature request to the Ideas category so other customers can vote for it and we can track demand.

All API documentation can be found here, so other documentation you have is most likely outdated and unreliable regarding the limitations of the API at this current time.

If you have a link to the documentation you're referring to, I can see what I can do to get it removed so others won't find the outdated info themselves.

Thanks!

Answers