Does expensify drop and match invoices into bankfeeds

Options
Dips_tl
Dips_tl Expensify Customer Posts: 1

How do I get expensify to match into individual transactions on my Quickbooks credit card bank feed? I want it to be able to drop into the transaction the following data:-

• copy of the invoice
  • description
  • match to cost code
  • match to client if specified

Just not sure if expensify has ability to perform this functionality?

Answers

• Matt Moore
    Matt Moore Expensify Customer, Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 132 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi Dips_tl, and welcome to the community!

So, the invoice image, description, cost code and client can all be coded at line item level and exported to QuickBooks Online.

Receipt images for all of the expenses are exported with the report, and descriptions or cost codes can be found as line items at expense level. The Customers/Projects field is enabled in Configure which is found on the Connections page, and then this will be added as another line item detail to your expenses.

When a card feed is imported, the transactions are matched up to a report that is already in the system. So this means that exporting the same expense data from Expensify after the feed has been updated can cause duplicates.

To avoid duplicates, export from Expensify to QuickBooks Online first, then add the expenses from the connected card or account in QuickBooks Online. This will allow you to match the expenses, removing any duplicates.