Do you have Expensify versio working on Sony Experia?

IgorIgor Posts: 1Expensify Customer

Do you have Expensify version working on Sony Experia? I downloaded the newest version from Google Play and it hangs whenever I try to take picture of a receipt. From what I see on this forum, it is a common issue on Sony phones. My phone is Sony Xperia XZ2 model H8299, and Android version is 9 build 52.0.A.3.202 (latest).

Answers

• Karisa CaudillKarisa Caudill Posts: 115Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Success Coach Expensify Success Coach

Hey @Igor !

I'm sorry you have run into this issue, it is not expected. We work hard on each mobile build to ensure it will work on all the most popular devices.

Could you repeat your steps and send us a note via the Help & Feedback section of the app? When you write in this way, please mention your phone model details again. This contact method will automatically send mobile app logs that will be very helpful. I've reported the details of your case that I currently have to the engineering team.

In the meantime, you can rely on your native camera app and the email forward method or file>app share from your photo gallery.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have more questions in the meantime.

• tnegristnegris Posts: 2Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

I have had exactly the same experience with my Sony Xperia X Compact (F5321) phone. Android Oreo 8.0.0 Build 34.4.A.2.118. This has been going on for months. It takes me hours to take pictures and upload files for a long expense report and delete all the pictures from my phone. I see other postings about this all over the place. How is it possible that you have not been able to work with Sony to fix this problem after so many months?

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 932Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hello @tnegris, we've added your details to our latest engineering ticket last week and as per our emails, we'll reach out with further steps once we have some.

We have a list of phone models which are experiencing issues, and we release fixes regularly which are whittling down the list of users having issues, unfortunately your particular issue has been going on for some time I see, and for that I apologise. We're definitely not resting on our laurels here, and we are working with external agencies on this to get a complete and permanent fix asap.

• MbakerMbaker Posts: 2Expensify Customer

I am having the same issue on my Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact with Android 9 build# 52.0.A.8.25.

Any resolve to this issue yet?

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Posts: 586Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

@mbaker No update yet. We are still looking into this issue.

• MbakerMbaker Posts: 2Expensify Customer

Thank you and will be looking forward to back on the resolution.